Take a break
- First 2-3 years of RERA transition period will be really painful: MahaRera chief
- Kwan Entertainment launches sports, media and consumer unit Kwanabler
- Congress disowns Khurshid’s ‘blood on hands’ remark
- Edelweiss arm to help sell office space in Parinee Group’s project in Mumbai
- Karnataka elections: BJP picks Reddy aide to fight Siddaramaiah
While sitting at your desk, move your head side to side toward your shoulders. Repeat the set 10 times on each side. This will help relax stiff muscles.
Bend your head and let your chin touch your neck. Hold that stretch for 20 seconds and apply pressure on your chin. Repeat 5 times.
Take a deep breath in and from both the sides of your cheeks hold all the cheek fat you can in your mouth. Hold your breath for 10 seconds. Repeat five times.
Breathe in and bring your chest out. Tuck the tummy in. Move in the forward direction towards your table. Slowly start breathing out and rest your back on your seat. Repeat five times.
Place both hands on the chair, take a deep breath and lift yourself from it. Hold the lift for five seconds and then relax on the chair. Repeat five times every two hours.
Squeeze the buttocks, hold for 5-10 seconds and then release. Breathe in and out while doing this. Repeat as many times as possible.
Spot jogging will make you sweat and gasp for breath. Also it makes leg calf muscles stronger. Stand at one spot and jog slowly. Continue for a minute.
Once you are comfortable jogging in your place, make it harder. Keep the same pace but lift the knees higher. Continue for a minute.
By fitness consultant Vinod Channa