The many kisses of James Bond
Some of the best kisses in Bond movies
The Indian censor board may have played spoilsport by cutting short 007’s snogging in the latest Daniel Craig starrer Spectre but for those who miss Bond’s famous lip locks, there is rich material in the past. Here’s looking at five of the best kisses from James Bond movies:
1. Goldfinger: Sean Connery turned up the heat in this movie with his chemistry with bond girl ‘Pussy Galore’ played by Honor Blackman. Their famous love scene in the barn with some intense liplocking thrown in could have given rise to the fascination of the barn as a raunchy getaway among the youth.
2. The world is not enough: The “Christmas” Kiss in the 1999 starrer The World is Not Enough where Pierce Brosnan and Dr. Christmas Jones (Denise Richards), engage in some fun and frivolity after all the hard work of saving the world is done. As Bond kissed Richards, the already red-hot sparks were further ignited by his tongue-in-cheek remark: “I was wrong about you... I thought Christmas only comes once a year.”
3. Octopussy: Maud Adams played ‘Octopussy’ in this 1983 Bond film. Roger Moore sipping wine in bed after a session of steamy love-making before checking out her octopus tattoo may be one to draw the whistles but their passionate kissing is really the stuff of legend.
4. GoldenEye: Pierce Brosnan kissing Polish actress Izabella Scorupco in the 1995 film GoldenEye is another smouldering scene with the background fire adding to the heat.
5. A view to a kill: The kiss between Roger Moore and singer Grace Jones is one of the most passionate in Bond’s world, though Moore scored lower than most other Bond heroes in terms of the average number of women kissed per movie.
Editor's Picks »
- Recent rise in trade deficit is not due to the oil prices
- Safeguard duty proposal has deepened uncertainty in the solar energy sector
- Fortis Healthcare: What now, after IHH entry and June quarter loss?
- Weak Q1 for Amara Raja but investors pin hopes on softening lead prices
- IDBI Bank Q1 results show how expensive it is for LIC