Gig Watch: Loretta Holloway
South Carolina’s First Lady of Song Loretta Holloway has a mesmerizing voice that adds a touch of magic to old jazz standards
Mumbai jazz and R&B-heads are in for a treat as Loretta Holloway—known as “South Carolina’s First Lady of Song”—is performing at The Quarter this weekend. A regular on the Las Vegas and Atlantic City showroom circuit, Holloway has a mesmerizing, captivating voice that adds a touch of elegance and magic to her renditions of American jazz standards. Over the years, she has opened for artists like Whoopi Goldberg, Don Rickles, Rich Little and Jerry Lewis, and was presented to Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip in a Royal Command Performance in Australia. Don’t miss the opportunity to see her cast her spell in The Quarter’s intimate setting.
When & where
Loretta Holloway plays at The Quarter, Mumbai, today. Tickets, available on www.insider.in, start from ₹1,999.
Holloway’s stripped version of Billie Holiday’s Strange Fruit—one of the first anti-lynching protest songs—is both haunting and topical. It’s a beautiful tribute to the tempestuous jazz great.
- Two’s company: A sibling survival guide
- Pump yourself up before a presentation (or calm yourself down)
- Opinion | Forget trying to balance your professional and personal life. Look for work-life synergy instead
- Opinion | A lean start-up manager in more ways than one
- Robust routines impact company culture more than innovative talent
Editor's Picks »
- Dubai court orders for Christian Michel’s extradition in AgustaWestland chopper case: report
- Flipkart gets over ₹3,462 crore infusion from Singapore entity
- Opinion | The replication crisis in economics
- Vistara offers up to 75% discount on flight tickets
- 802,000 infants died in India last year, says UN report