Yatra Mini is a travel app that works on slower networks
Yatra’s new app is more relevant to users looking for a travel booking app which works even on slower networks
Booking tickets for a trip can be made a lot easier with the right travel app. Though there are plenty of travel and booking apps available on smartphones, very few actually offer multiple services under a single app. Some offer train, bus and flight booking in a single app. With the new Yatra Mini app, Yatra.com has finally added train booking to its portfolio. However, that is not the only highlight of the new app. What makes it really relevant is the fact that it is designed to run on even the slowest of mobile networks without interruption.
Light and clean interface
Yatra Mini has a text-centric interface with very few images. The three categories—train, bus and budget hotels show right on the home screen. Bus booking shows busses based on the departure time, price of the tickets and duration of the journey. You can apply filters such as premium AC and sleeper to minimise time spent on searching for buses. Similarly, train booking shows train lists based on their departure time, duration of journey, ticket price and class of journey. While one can check these details any time, to book the tickets users need to configure their IRCTC account on the Yatra Mini app first. You can also check the PNR status on it.
Budget hotels booking is a unique category as it shows only the cost-effective options to users based on the duration of the stay.
The other highlight of this app is that it works in English as well as Hindi. This makes booking tickets a lot easier for people who are more comfortable in Hindi.
The app’s big highlight — the ability to work efficiently on slower 2G networks works is no gimmick. Certain sections such as the bus, train bookings opened instantly on GPRS connection, but the hotel booking is a bit erratic and takes a long time to open. The likes of MakeMyTrip or ClearTrip are more graphical and picture-centric and work better on 3G/4G networks.
Yatra Mini is the only other app after MakeMyTrip which offers train, bus and hotel bookings in a single app. The light interface and the ability to process details on slower networks is the only highlight of this app. If you are still using a slow mobile network or live in area with a poor mobile network, it is pretty handy app.
Developed by Yatra.com
Available on Android
Editor's Picks »
- At opposition meet, Rahul Gandhi targets govt over Rafale deal
- News in numbers: Trump’s attacks on the press ‘dangerous to the lifeblood of democracy’, says NYT
- Former Religare CEO Shachindra Nath raises about ₹1,000 crore for NBFC
- PE industry lobbies CCI for anti-trust exemptions
- Opinion | Turkey flashes warning sign to Asia
- Recent rise in trade deficit is not due to the oil prices
- Safeguard duty proposal has deepened uncertainty in the solar energy sector
- Fortis Healthcare: What now, after IHH entry and June quarter loss?
- Weak Q1 for Amara Raja but investors pin hopes on softening lead prices
- IDBI Bank Q1 results show how expensive it is for LIC