The President of India has given his assent today to the Ordinance to amend the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.— Ministry of Finance (@FinMinIndia) November 23, 2017
Market Wrap: Sensex, Nifty close marginally higher, Infosys, Sun Pharma, RIL top gainers
BSE Sensex closed higher by 26.53 points at 33,588.08, while the Nifty 50 inched up 6.45 points to close at 10,348.75. Here are the latest updates from the markets
Last Modified: Thu, Nov 23 2017. 04 44 PM IST
- 3.35 pm ISTClosing bell
- 3.33 pm ISTTop gainers/losers
- 3.13 pm ISTMonsanto India reports Q2 loss
- 3.10 pm ISTWelspun Corp. receives contract
- 3.00 pm ISTPresident approves ordinance to amend bankruptcy code
- 2.31 pm ISTMarket update
- 2.20 pm ISTSectoral indices
- 2.15 pm ISTEuropean shares trade lower
- 1.25 pm ISTMarket update
- 12.00 pm ISTZydus Cadila drug gets US FDA approval
- 11.30 am ISTJaiprakash Power gets notice from SBICAP
- 11.23 am ISTMarket update
- 11.20 am ISTBiocon shares surge after drug launch announcement
- 10.27 am ISTPC Jeweller shares rise on buy rating by brokerage firm
- 10.25 am ISTAegis Logistics shares gain
- 10.20 am ISTKansai Nerolac Paints shares up on CLSA upgrade
- 10.15 am ISTFuture Retail shares rise 3.4%
- 9.26 am ISTSensex, Nifty trade flat
- 9.23 am ISTInsurance stocks trade lower
- 9.20 am ISTQuess Corp shares fall on Thomas Cook’s stake sale announcement
- 9.17 am ISTVideocon shares fall 3%
- 9.15 am ISTRupee trades marginally higher against US dollar
- 9.13 am IST10-year bond yield falls
- 9.10 am ISTAsian currencies trade higher
- Mumbai: The BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty closed higher for the sixth straight day on Thursday helped by gains in IT stocks. During the day, the benchmark indices turned negative dragged by metal and bank stocks. The 30-share index closed at 33,588.08, up 26.53 points, or 0.08%. The NSE Nifty, after shuttling between 10,307.30 and 10,374.30, closed higher by 6.45 points, or 0.06%. Major gainers were Infosys, Sun Pharma, Reliance Industries, Power Grid and Axis Bank, whereas Dr. Reddy’s Labs, Adani Ports, Bajaj Auto, Asian Paints and NTPC were among the top losers. Here are the latest updates from the markets:
- 3.13 pm IST Monsanto India reports Q2 lossMonsanto India Ltd reported a loss of Rs6.39 crore in the quarter ended 30 September, compared to a profit of Rs2.79 crore in the same quarter last year (Indian accounting standards). Revenue from operations stood at Rs96 crore, down from Rs102 crore a year ago. The company declared an interim dividend of Rs15 per share. Shares traded 0.76% lower at Rs2,493.20. (Reuters)
- 3.00 pm IST President approves ordinance to amend bankruptcy codeThe ministry of finance said that the President has given assent to the ordinance to amend the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code.
- 2.20 pm IST Sectoral indicesThe Nifty Metal index fell 0.79% led by Hindalco, which was down 1.86%, APL Apollo Tubes 1.60%, Vedanta 1.50% and Jindal Steel 1.30%. The Nifty PSU Bank fell 0.82%. Meanwhile, the Nifty IT was up 0.95% led by Infosys, which rose 2.55%, HCL Technologies 1.45% and Tech Mahindra 1.41%.
- 2.15 pm IST European shares trade lowerEuropean shares tumbled on Thursday, tracking more timid Wall Street trading as volumes thinned out for the Thanksgiving holiday. The pan-European STOXX 600 slid 0.3%, while euro zone stocks dipped 0.2%. Britain’s FTSE 100 sank 0.5% and Germany’s DAX down 0.4%. (Reuters)
- 12.00 pm IST Zydus Cadila drug gets US FDA approvalZydus Cadila tentative approval from the US FDA to market Tadalafil tablets, used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia, Cadila Healthcare Ltd said in a regulatory filing. Shares were trading 0.41% up at Rs444.50.
- 11.20 am IST Biocon shares surge after drug launch announcementBiocon said it has launched KRABEVA, a biosimilar Bevacizumab for the treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer and other lung, kidney, cervical, ovarian and brain cancers in India. The company’s shares jumped 1.93% to Rs416.50.
- 9.20 am IST Quess Corp shares fall on Thomas Cook’s stake sale announcementQuess Corp. Ltd fell 6% to Rs858.85 after Thomas Cook said it will sell up to 75 lakh shares (5.4%) in Quess Corp. via an offer for sale, at Rs800 per share, on 23-24 November. Thomas Cook India Ltd shares rose 4%.
- 9.15 am IST Rupee trades marginally higher against US dollarThe Indian rupee on Thursday strengthened marginally against the US dollar, tracking gains in the local equity and Asian currencies markets. The rupee opened at 64.85 a dollar. At 9.15am, the home currency was trading at 64.81 a dollar, up 0.13% from its Wednesday’s close of 64.93.
- 9.10 am IST Asian currencies trade higherAsian currencies were trading higher as dollar weakened on the latest US Federal Reserve minutes, which showed some policy makers expressing concern over low inflation. China renminbi was up 0.27%, while Indonesian rupiah, Malaysian ringgit and China offshore rose 0.07% each. However, Japanese yen was down 0.13% and Taiwan dollar 0.11%. The dollar index, which measures the US currency’s strength against major currencies, was trading at 93.21, down 0.01% from its previous close of 93.220.