BSE to add 48 companies to Group A from 17 July
Mumbai: Leading stock exchange BSE will shift securities of 48 companies including IDFC Bank and InterGlobe Aviation to Group A category, the most tracked segment on the bourse’s platform, from 17 July.
Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail, Crompton Greaves Consumer, Dr. Lal Pathlabs, Future Retail, GHCL, L&T Technology Services, Lakshmi Vilas Bank, Mahanagar Gas, RBL Bank, Tata Motors Ltd (DVR) and Welspun India are also listed for addition to Group A.
These 48 companies would be moved from Group Rs.B’ to Group Rs.A’ and the decision is based on their performance in areas such as compliance, corporate governance and responsible investment. BSE reviews Group Rs.A’ companies every six months.
“The current review of Group Rs.A’ companies has been carried out based on March 2017 numbers,” BSE said in a statement on Friday.
Group A is the most tracked segment consisting of about 300 scrips, while Group B consists of more than 3,000 stocks.
The classification is based on several factors such as market capitalisation, trading volumes and numbers, track records, profits, dividends, shareholding patterns and some qualitative aspects.
- Liberty House plans to spend $1 billion on India expansion in next three years
- Airtel Q4 profit falls 78% to Rs82.9 crore
- GIC Housing Finance Q4 profit up 28% at Rs60 crore
- Lenovo eyes making smart wearables in India, higher market share
- Malaysia’s IHH revises offer for Fortis Healthcare, to immediately invest Rs650 crore