Info Edge invests Rs50 crore in Policybazaar
Info Edge, which runs the online job portal Naukri.com, invested Rs50.71 crore in Etechaces Marketing and Consulting that operates Policybazaar
New Delhi: Info Edge, which runs the online job portal Naukri.com, Friday said it has invested over Rs50 crore in Etechaces Marketing and Consulting that operates the online financial products marketplace Policybazaar.
“Info Edge has invested about Rs50.71 crore in Etechaces Marketing and Consulting through its wholly-owned subsidiary. (The investment was done as) participation in the follow-up fund raise exercise of Policybazaar,” Info Edge said in a BSE filing.
Etechaces had a consolidated turnover of Rs212.87 crore as on 31 March 2017, it added.
Policybazaar offers an online marketplace for insurance products under policybazaar.com, while other financial products like loans and credit cards are sold through paisabazaar.com.
“The company (Info Edge) has acquired 5 series E equity shares of a par value of Rs100 at a premium of Rs259,417.01 and 1949, fully and compulsorily convertible Series E preference shares having a par value of Rs100 at a premium of Rs259,417.01,” the filing said.
According to reports, Policybazaar received about Rs500 crore funding from Wellington Management, IDG Ventures India, True North and others.
- Fortis Healthcare says Hero, Burman agree to re-open bidding
- Wipro localizing more in the US: Rishad Premji
- Anil Agarwal’s Vedanta may face investor, political unrest
- Airtel’s Sunil Mittal may invest $1 billion in son-in-law’s hotel business
- Zydus Cadila gets USFDA nod for skin ointment, stomach ailment drug
Editor's Picks »
- People troubled by petrol, diesel price hike, Modi govt should act: Mamata Banerjee
- Italy falls into political chaos as populists slam President Sergio Mattarella
- GDP data, auto sales, earnings, F&O expiry to drive markets this week
- Monsoon to hit Kerala coast in the next 24 hours, says IMD
- Iran FM in India for talks on implications of US pullout from nuclear deal