Ant is worth 50% more than Goldman with $150 billion valuation
At a $150 billion valuation, Ant Financial, the operator of Alipay and a money-market fund, would rank 14th among financial-service firms
Bangkok:Ant Financial’s latest round of funding, reported to involve Singapore’s Temasek Holdings Pte, is said to value the Chinese provider of mobile payments at about $150 billion -- 50 percent more than Goldman Sachs Group Inc.’s market capitalization.
That would not only make Zhejiang Ant Small & Micro Financial Services Group the world’s most-valuable startup, it would jump the payments business founded by Alibaba Group Holding Ltd chairman Jack Ma into the top 15 among banks, insurers and credit providers by market value.
Ant Financial is seeking to raise at least $10 billion in a funding round, according to reports by Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter. At a $150 billion valuation, the operator of Alipay and a money-market fund would rank 14th among financial-service firms.
To contact the editors responsible for this story: John Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org, Colin Keatinge, Peter Vercoe
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.
Editor's Picks »
- HDFC Bank raises Rs8,500 crore by issuing equity to parent HDFC
- Fadnavis says over 3.2 million farmers given ₹2,337 crore under crop insurance
- Govt to shut UPA-era eBiz portal over low service integration
- UPI 2.0 falls short of analysts’ expectations
- NCLT approves Liberty House’s resolution plan for Adhunik Metaliks’ Odisha plant