HTLS 2017: Arun Jaitley hints GST rates could be rationalized to three slabs https://t.co/BabEk3yEXj— Livemint (@livemint) November 30, 2017
Market Wrap: Sensex closes 453 points lower, Nifty down 1.30% as fiscal deficit widens
BSE Sensex closed lower by 453.41 points to 33,149.35, while the Nifty 50 fell 1.30% to 10,226.55. Here are the latest updates from the markets
Last Modified: Thu, Nov 30 2017. 04 37 PM IST
- 3.33 pm ISTClosing bell
- 3.08 pm ISTMarket update
- 3.05 pm ISTSectoral indices
- 3.00 pm ISTIndia’s fiscal deficit reaches 96% of FY target in October
- 2.55 pm ISTEdelweiss Financial, Tokio Marine infuse Rs670 crore into insurance JV
- 2.38 pm ISTMarket update
- 2.35 pm ISTPower Finance lists green bond on London Stock Exchange
- 2.30 pm ISTRupee trades lower against US dollar
- 2.25 pm ISTEuropean shares open mixed
- 1.58 pm ISTGerman regulator allows Dr. Reddy’s Labs to begin production at Duvvada facility
- 1.55 pm ISTArun Jaitley hints GST rates could be rationalized to three slabs
- 1.31 pm ISTMarket update
- 1.27 pm ISTIL&FS Transportation Networks shares rise on winning Rs547.96 crore arbitration award
- 1.20 pm ISTCipla product receives WHO approval
- 12.18 pm ISTMarket update
- 12.15 pm ISTHeritage Foods forms JV with Novandie SNC of France
- 12.05 pm ISTFacebook, Amazon, Netflix, Google tycoons lose $7.6 billion as technology stocks tumble
- 11.27 am ISTReliance General Insurance receives final Sebi observation for IPO
- 10.57 am ISTTribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri shares tank after profit declines
- 10.55 am ISTSteel Strips Wheels shares rise on new order
- 10.53 am ISTUSFDA accepts new drug application by Panacea Biotech
- 10.20 am ISTMarket update
- 10.17 am ISTJewellery stocks trade lower
- 10.15 am ISTDr. Reddy’s Labs shares rise over 1%
- 10.13 am ISTHealthcare Global shares rise 5% after brokerage firm upgrade
- 9.37 am ISTMarket update
- 9.35 am ISTBanking stocks trade lower
- 9.33 am ISTMcLeod Russel shares fall after block deal
- 9.30 am ISTDen Networks shares rise after Norges Bank buys stake
- 9.27 am ISTRupee opens lower against US dollar
- 9.16 am ISTSensex, Nifty open lower
- Mumbai: BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty closed over 1% lower on Thursday after India’s fiscal deficit at the end of October hit 96.1% of the budget estimate for the fiscal year ending in March 2018. All the BSE sectoral indices ended lower with bankex falling most at 1.88%. Kotak Bank, SBI, RIL and Axis Bank were top losers, whereas shares of Dr. Reddy’s Labs and NTPC rose.The fiscal deficit—the difference between expenditure and revenue—was Rs5.25 trillion during April-October of 2017-18, data from the Controller General of Accounts showed. Gross domestic product (GDP) data will be released at 5.30pm today. A Reuters poll of 52 economists over the past week showed GDP growth likely rose to 6.4% from a year ago in the July-September quarter, from 5.7% in the previous period. India’s gross value-added (GVA) growth estimate likely accelerated to 6.2%, from 5.6%. Here are the latest updates from the markets:
- 3.00 pm IST India’s fiscal deficit reaches 96% of FY target in OctoberIndia reported a fiscal deficit of Rs5.25 trillion for April-October, or 96.1% of the budgeted target for the fiscal year that ending in March 2018. The deficit was 79.3 percent of the full-year target during the same period a year ago.
- 2.35 pm IST Power Finance lists green bond on London Stock ExchangePower Finance Corp.’s (PFC) has listed its first international bond in almost two decades on the London Stock Exchange to finance renewable energy projects in the UK. The 10-year dated green bond raised $400 million, paying a 3.75% semi-annual coupon and listed on London Stock Exchange’s new International Securities Market (ISM) this week.
- 2.30 pm IST Rupee trades lower against US dollarThe rupee was trading at 64.47 a dollar, down 0.23% from its Wednesday’s close of 64.32. The rupee opened at 64.57 a dollar. and touched a high and a low of 64.42 and 64.57 respectively. The 10-year bond yield was at 7.05%, compared to its previous close of 7.028%.
- 2.25 pm IST European shares open mixedLondon’s stock market fell at the open Thursday as the pound firmed against the dollar, while eurozone shares steadied and oil prices gained awaiting OPEC’s decision on crude output levels. UK’s FTSE shed 0.3% to 7,369.55 points. In the eurozone, Frankfurt’s DAX 30 opened flat at 13,060.56 points and the Paris CAC 40 edged up around 0.1% to 5,402.66. (AFP)
- 1.58 pm IST German regulator allows Dr. Reddy’s Labs to begin production at Duvvada facilityDr. Reddy’s Labs said the German regulator has allowed the company to start production at its Duvvada, Vishakhapatnam, facility for its European market. The facility will be re-inspected by the regulator in 2018, the company said in a BSE filing. Shares traded 0.79% up at Rs2,294.05.
- 1.55 pm IST Arun Jaitley hints GST rates could be rationalized to three slabsSpeaking at the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit 2017, finance minister Arun Jaitley said the GST Council could consider merging the current slabs of 12% and 18% into one rate and also reducing the number of items that are taxed at the highest slab of 28%.
- 1.27 pm IST IL&FS Transportation Networks shares rise on winning Rs547.96 crore arbitration awardIL&FS Transportation Networks Ltd said its unit, Pune Shilapur Road Development Co. Ltd, won a Rs547.96 crore arbitration award against the National Highway Authority of India. IL&FS Transportation Networks shares surged 7.89% to Rs85.40.
- 1.20 pm IST Cipla product receives WHO approvalCipla said it has received an approval from the World Health Organisation for its product Q-TIB, a novel fixed dose combination in a single tablet used for prevention of tuberculosis infection in people living with HIV. Cipla shares traded 1.40% lower at Rs600.
- 12.05 pm IST Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, Google tycoons lose $7.6 billion as technology stocks tumbleBillionaire founders of Facebook, Amazon, Netflix and Google owner Alphabet see $7.6 billion wiped from their fortunes as Nasdaq 100 suffers its worst drop in three months.
Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, Google tycoons lose $7.6 billion as technology stocks tumble https://t.co/PYwL8IoOjn— Livemint (@livemint) November 30, 2017
- 11.27 am IST Reliance General Insurance receives final Sebi observation for IPOThe Securities and Exchange Board of India has issued its final observation letter to the draft red herring prospectus filed by Reliance General Insurance Co. Ltd for an initial public offering, said Reliance Capital in a BSE filing.The IPO comprises of a fresh issue of up to 16,769,995 equity shares by the company and an offer for sale by Reliance Capital of up to 50,309,984 equity shares.
- 9.27 am IST Rupee opens lower against US dollarIndian rupee weakened against the US dollar. The rupee was trading at 64.53 a dollar, down 0.33% from its Wednesday’s close of 64.32. The 10-year bond yield was at 7.039%, compared to its previous close of 7.030%.