Micro, small and medium industries worst hit in credit slowdown
The fastest has been in the growth of personal loans
The chart takes a longer-term view of the growth in bank credit among the various sectors.
Note that the slowdown in credit growth has been most pronounced in 2015-16 in micro, small and medium scale industries.
Growth in bank credit to large scale industry has been better than last year.
The fastest growth has been in the growth of personal loans.
Editor's Picks »
- Karnataka govt formation: Kingmaker H.D. Kumaraswamy becomes the king
- CLAT 2018: Supreme Court to hear pleas challenging law entrance exam held on 13 May
- Grasim Industries Q4 net profit at Rs 853.62 crore
- Govt waives Rs1,077 crore penal interest on loans to Paradip Port
- Hyatt brings Hyatt Centric brand to India
- Same-store sales growth trips at Future Retail
- Cipla Q4 FY18 results no reason to reverse stock underperformance
- Dr Reddy’s Q4: It’s a wait and watch, share price spike notwithstanding
- What SBI Q4 results say about the Indian economy and the bank
- Patanjali’s slowing growth does not mean that Colgate’s is accelerating