Aurobindo Pharma unit gets 9 observations from USFDA
Aurobindo Pharma shares fall nearly 4% to Rs600.80 after the company says USFDA issues Form 483 with nine observations to the company’s unit 4 in Hyderabad
New Delhi: Aurobindo Pharma Ltd on Monday said the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) has issued nine observations after inspection of its unit 4 formulation facility in Hyderabad.
The USFDA has conducted an inspection at the company’s unit 4, a formulation manufacturing facility in Hyderabad from 12-20 February, Aurobindo Pharma said in a BSE filing. “... at the end of the inspection, we were issued a Form 483 with 9 observations, “ it added.
Aurobindo Pharma shares closed 3.73% lower at Rs600.80 on BSE, while the Sensex closed 0.88% down at 33,746.78 points. In intraday trade, the stocks declined as much as 5.46% to Rs590.
None of the observations are related to data integrity or are repetitive in nature, Aurobindo Pharma said. It, however, did not provide details regarding the observations. “We are in the midst of providing a comprehensive response to the observations and would be replying to the FDA within 15 working days from the date of closure (20 February) of audit,” it added.
As per the USFDA, a form 483 notifies a company’s management of objectionable conditions at its facility.
Editor's Picks »
- Why Indian paint makers are shifting to water-based paints
- 2019 elections still some time away but defence stocks get the jitters
- Complan and Horlicks sale signals low energy in health drinks market
- With fall of the last dove, MPC minutes portend more than one RBI rate hike
- RITES IPO ticks the valuations box, but not the growth one