Essar Steel ownership: final bids today, three-way fight likely https://t.co/EFlC89QQy7— Livemint (@livemint) February 12, 2018
Market Wrap: Sensex closes 294 points up, Nifty above 10500 ahead of inflation data
BSE Sensex closed higher by 294.71 points at 34,300.47, while the Nifty 50 rose 84.80 points to close at 10,539.75. Here are the latest updates from the markets
Last Modified: Mon, Feb 12 2018. 05 03 PM IST
- 3.34 pm ISTClosing bell
- 2.52 pm ISTMarket update
- 2.50 pm ISTCIC approves Reliance Infra, Adani Transmission deal
- 2.47 pm ISTFinolex Cables Ltd shares gain as net profit rises
- 2.45 pm ISTShipping Corp. of India shares rise 9%
- 2.42 pm ISTRupee strengthens against US dollar ahead of CPI data
- 2.08 pm ISTZuari Agro Chemicals shares surge 8% as profit increases
- 2.05 pm ISTIndian Bank shares rises 6% after earnings
- 2.03 pm ISTSharda Motor shares jump as net profit rises in Q3
- 1.58 pm ISTReliance Infra shares rises 4%
- 1.27 pm ISTMarket update
- 12.25 pm ISTLT shares rise on Rs2,200 crore EPC contract
- 12.20 pm ISTIDBI Bank shares jump 11% after CARE revises outlook on bonds
- 12.15 pm ISTOl India shares gain on Q3 result
- 12.13 pm ISTMarico shares gain as net profit rises
- 11.30 am ISTSteel Strips Wheels shares rise 6%
- 11.27 am ISTKitex Garments shares fall 10% as net profit declines
- 11.23 am ISTEssar Steel ownership: final bids today, three-way fight likely
- 11.20 am ISTNACL shares gain 7% as net profit rises
- 11.17 am ISTCadila Healthcare shares gain following completion of USFDA inspection
- 10.37 am ISTMarket update
- 10.35 am ISTFortis Healthcare shares fall 3%
- 10.33 am ISTTata Steel shares rise over 5% on positive Q3 result
- 10.30 am ISTAmara Raja Batteries shares up over 7% after Q3 result
- 9.53 am ISTSBI shares trade lower
- 9.50a m ISTONGC shares rise
- 9.47 am ISTBank of Baroda shares gain over 5%
- 9.45 am ISTCG Power shares rise as unit gets $55 million order
- 9.35 am ISTRupee opens higher against US dollar
- 9.25 am ISTMarket update
- Mumbai: Benchmark indices BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty closed higher on Monday, recovering from their biggest weekly drop since August. Gains in Asian and global stock markets also boosted sentiment. Sensex closed 294 points up at 34,300.47, while Nifty ended 84.80 points higher at 10,539.75. BSE MidCap and SmallCap rose 1.31% and 1.60%, respectively, outshining the Sensex. All the sectoral indices on BSE, except IT and Teck, ended higher led by power, realty, utilities and capital goods. Tata Steel, IndusInd Bank, Yes Bank and PowerGrid were top gainers, whereas SBI, Infosys, M&M and ITC were among the major losers. Here are the highlights from the markets:
- 2.50 pm IST CIC approves Reliance Infra, Adani Transmission dealReliance Infrastructure said the Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved sale of its integrated Mumbai power business to Adani Transmission in a Rs18,800 crore deal. Reliance Infra shares gained 3.46% to Rs467.60, Adani Transmission shares rose 3.22% to Rs211.35. (PTI)
- 2.42 pm IST Rupee strengthens against US dollar ahead of CPI dataThe Indian rupee strengthened against the US dollar on Monday, tracking gains in Asian currencies. The home currency was trading at 64.31 a dollar, up 0.13% from its Friday’s close of 64.40. The rupee opened at 64.26 a dollar and touched a high and a low of 64.24 and 64.32, respectively. The 10-year bond yield was trading at 7.497%, compared to its previous close of 7.49%.
- 2.05 pm IST Indian Bank shares rises 6% after earningsIndian Bank Ltd on Monday said its December-quarter net profit fell 18.85% on the back of higher provisions and lower other income. The bank has posted a net profit Rs303.06 crore for the three months ended 31 December from Rs373.48 crore in the same quarter last year. Shares rose 6.09% to Rs360.
- 1.27 pm IST Market updateBSE Sensex traded higher by 220.67 points, or 0.65%, to 34,226.43, while the Nifty 50 rose 60.80 points, or 0.58%, to 10,515.75. BSE MidCap and BSE SmallCap were up 1.41% and 1.75%, respectively. All the sectoral indices on BSE except IT and teck traded higher led by healthcare, industrial, capital goods and realty.
- 12.25 pm IST LT shares rise on Rs2,200 crore EPC contractLarsen and Toubro Ltd shares gained 1.93% to Rs1,353.15 after its unit L&T Hydrocarbon Engineering has signed a major field development EPC contract with Al Dhafra Petroleum Operations Co. Ltd, Abu Dhabi, UAE, with a value in excess of Rs2,200 crore.
- 11.23 am IST Essar Steel ownership: final bids today, three-way fight likelyA combine of ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel, Tata Steel and NuMetal Mauritius, a consortium of Russia’s VTB Capital and the Ruia family, are likely to submit binding bids for debt-laden Essar Steel.
- 10.35 am IST Fortis Healthcare shares fall 3%Shares of Fortis Healthcare lost as much as 3.14% to Rs143.65 per share after the promoters Malvinder and Shivinder Singh stepped down from the company’s board, allegations of financial misappropriation surfaced against the brothers. According to Bloomberg, the brothers took at least Rs500 crore out of the publicly traded hospital company they controlled without board approval about a year ago.
- 9.53 am IST SBI shares trade lowerState Bank of India shares fell 2.88% to Rs287.85. The company reported a net loss of Rs2,416 crore for the fiscal third quarter after setting aside funds to cover rising bad loans and losses on its bond portfolio. It had reported a net profit of Rs1,582 crore in the September quarter.
- 9.50a m IST ONGC shares riseOil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd shares rose 3.09% to Rs193.55. A consortium of Indian companies led by ONGC Videsh Ltd has bought a 10% stake in the UAE’s offshore oil and gas field Zakum.
- 9.47 am IST Bank of Baroda shares gain over 5%Bank of Baroda shares gained 5.66% to Rs165.20. The company reported that its net NPAs or bad loans fell to 4.97% of the net advances by the end of third quarter for this fiscal from 5.43% in year ago period. The company, however, registered a decline of 56% in its net profit at Rs112 crore for the third quarter ended December.
- 9.45 am IST CG Power shares rise as unit gets $55 million orderCG Power and Industrial Solutions Ltd said its unit CG Power Systems Indonesia has bagged an order from Indonesian state utility PT PLN (Persero) for manufacturing and supply of 64 units of power transformers valued at $55 million. Shares rise 2.71% to Rs90.85.
- 9.35 am IST Rupee opens higher against US dollarThe Indian rupee strengthened against the US dollar, tracking gains in Asian currencies. At 9.09am, the home currency was trading at 64.26 a dollar, up 0.21% from its Friday’s close of 64.40. The rupee opened at 64.26 a dollar and touched a high and a low of 64.24 and 64.29, respectively. The 10-year bond yield was trading at 7.46% compared to its previous close of 7.49%.
First Published: Mon, Feb 12 2018. 09 28 AM IST
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly
- How Vodafone Idea’s $3.5 bn fundraising will impact telecom in India