Indian markets closed for Ambedkar Jayanti
- First 2-3 years of RERA transition period will be really painful: MahaRera chief
- Kwan Entertainment launches sports, media and consumer unit Kwanabler
- Congress disowns Khurshid’s ‘blood on hands’ remark
- Edelweiss arm to help sell office space in Parinee Group’s project in Mumbai
- Karnataka elections: BJP picks Reddy aide to fight Siddaramaiah
New Delhi: Indian markets are closed on Friday for Ambedkar Jayanti holiday. Trading will resume on Monday.
Technology stocks took a beating on Thursday after Infosys’ share buyback plan and revenue outlook failed to move investors as the Sensex dropped 182 points to an over two-week low and the Nifty broke below 9,200.
In weekly terms, the Sensex fell 245.16 points, or 0.82%, while the Nifty was down 47.50 points, or 0.51%. The 30-share index opened lower before slipping further when Infosys results raised concerns about others to follow. It was down 182.03 points, or 0.61%, at 29,461.45 at the close, a level last seen on 28 March.