Edelweiss Financial Services shares rise 4% despite three block deals
- JD (S) releases 3D game to shed anti-urban image
- Steve Smith admit ball tampering in 3rd test against South Africa
- Students march across US demanding stricter gun laws after mass shootings
- IIM-Ahmedabad raises PG management program fee to Rs22 lakh
- RLD, Nishad Party expel MLAs for cross-voting in Rajya Sabha elections in UP
Mumbai: Shares of Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd on Friday opened sharply lower after three block deals. In the opening trade, the stock fell as much as 5% to touch a low of Rs127.25 a share but recovered soon and jumped 4%.
The scrip, however, closed almost flat as it rose up 0.07% to Rs134.20.
The company witnessed three block deals in which around 70.10 million shares or 8.4% stake of the company changed hands, according to a Bloomberg report.
However, details of the buyers and sellers were not known.
According to a CNBC report, First Carlyle Ventures sold its 9.2% stake in the company. As of Thursday’s close price First Carlyle Ventures stake valued at around Rs 912 crore.