Aurobindo Pharma shares soar 7%
Aurobindo Pharma stock jumped 6.94% to close at Rs 643.20 on BSE
- Opening bell: Asia opens lower; Cummins India, GAIL, Jet Airways in focus
- Gunit Chadha’s APAC in talks to raise funds from Multiples
- Investcorp close to acquiring IDFC’s realty, PE business
- RIL subsidiary invests Rs10 crore in KareXpert Technologies
- Visit company websites for changes in mutual fund schemes
New Delhi: Shares of Aurobindo Pharma on Thursday surged almost 7% as the company received USFDA nod to make oral suspension used for controlling serum phosphorus in patients with chronic kidney disease on dialysis.
The stock jumped 6.94% to close at Rs 643.20 on BSE. During the day, it rose sharply by 7.78% to Rs 648.30.
At NSE, shares of the company gained 6.94% to end at Rs 643.90. Following the rise in the stock, the company’s market valuation went up by Rs 2,446.96 crore to Rs 37,683.96 crore.
In terms of volume, 9.13 lakh shares of the company were traded on BSE and over one crore shares changed hands at NSE during the day.
The company has received final approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) to manufacture Sevelamer Carbonate oral suspension, 0.8 gm and 2.4 gm, the drug maker said in a BSE filing today. Sevelamer Carbonate oral suspension is indicated for the control of serum phosphorus in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) on dialysis.
Editor's Picks »
- Same-store sales growth trips at Future Retail
- Cipla Q4 FY18 results no reason to reverse stock underperformance
- Dr Reddy’s Q4: It’s a wait and watch, share price spike notwithstanding
- What SBI Q4 results say about the Indian economy and the bank
- Patanjali’s slowing growth does not mean that Colgate’s is accelerating