PNB shares erase losses, close 3% higher
PNB shares declined 6.45% to Rs92 during the day on BSE, but bounced back in the last trading hours and settled 3.05% up at Rs101.35
New Delhi: Shares of Punjab National Bank recovered all its early losses and ended over 3% higher on value-buying.
PNB shares declined 6.45% to Rs92 during the day on BSE, but bounced back during the fag-end of trade and settled at Rs101.35, up 3.05%. At NSE, PNB stock settled with a gain of 3.10% at Rs101.40. In terms of equity volume, 167.83 lakh shares were traded on BSE and over 21 crore shares changed hands at NSE during the day.
PNB shares slumped during the morning trade after Nirav Modi’s Firestar Diamond filed a bankruptcy plea in the US, and a local court in Mumbai issued summons to the accused diamantaire. The stock had plummeted over 12% in the previous trading session, registering its fourth straight session of fall.
Editor's Picks »
- BofA-ML survey: Short EM equity second most crowded trade
- GST-led shift from informal to formal sector happening, but at a snail’s pace
- Uncertain earnings for agricultural input firms despite bountiful rains
- PVR pays a premium for south
- Tata Steel’s Q1 supports India push but investors enquire at what cost