PNB shares erase losses, close 3% higher
New Delhi: Shares of Punjab National Bank recovered all its early losses and ended over 3% higher on value-buying.
PNB shares declined 6.45% to Rs92 during the day on BSE, but bounced back during the fag-end of trade and settled at Rs101.35, up 3.05%. At NSE, PNB stock settled with a gain of 3.10% at Rs101.40. In terms of equity volume, 167.83 lakh shares were traded on BSE and over 21 crore shares changed hands at NSE during the day.
PNB shares slumped during the morning trade after Nirav Modi’s Firestar Diamond filed a bankruptcy plea in the US, and a local court in Mumbai issued summons to the accused diamantaire. The stock had plummeted over 12% in the previous trading session, registering its fourth straight session of fall.
- Delhi HC to pronounce verdict on 20 disqualified AAP MLAs’ pleas on Friday
- Aadhaar robust, nationally on-line verifiable ID: UIDAI to Supreme Court
- PNB fraud: Interpol seeks more info on Nirav Modi, Mehul Choksi
- Donald Trump’s lead lawyer for federal Russia probe resigns: report
- Jim Rogers says trade war is making his bearish view even darker