Bond yields may fall on RBI tweaks in FPI norms https://t.co/5RHteex6oa— Livemint (@livemint) April 30, 2018
Market Wrap: Sensex gains 190 points, Nifty ends above 10,700, RIL, Axis Bank top losers
BSE Sensex closed higher by 190.66 points at 35,160.36, while the Nifty 50 ended 47.50 points up at 10,739.80. Here are the highlights from the markets
Last Modified: Mon, Apr 30 2018. 04 54 PM IST
- 3.33 pm ISTClosing bell
- 2.42 pm ISTKotak Mahindra Bank Q4 net profit rises 15% to Rs1,124 crore
- 1.55 pm ISTMarket update
- 1.50 pm ISTHDFC, Kotak Bank to releases March quarter earnings today
- 1.45 pm ISTGold prices decline on weak global cues, low deman
- 12.55 pm ISTEuropean stocks mixed
- 12.07 pm ISTMarket update
- 12.03 pm ISTMerck shares hit all-time high after March-quarter profit rises 53%
- 12 pm ISTKalpataru Power Transmission shares gain 2% on new orders
- 11.10 am ISTMarket update
- 11.05 am ISTPC Jeweller reverse gains
- 11.02 am ISTCan Fin Homes shares down 4%
- 10.57 am ISTRCom, Reliance Naval shares extend losses
- 10.15 am ISTMarket update
- 10.13 am ISTBanking shares trade higher
- 10.10 am ISTIT stocks gained led by Mindtree, HCL
- 10.07 am ISTHDFC shares rise nearly 2% ahead of earnings
- 10.05 am ISTBond yields may fall on RBI tweaks in FPI norms
- 9.35 am ISTRIL shares down 1% as Reliance Jio numbers disappoint investors
- 9.33 am ISTKotak Bank shares gain over 1% ahead of earnings
- 9.30 am ISTVakrangee shares declined 5% after auditors resign
- 9.28 am ISTAsian shares trade higher
- 9.26 am ISTMarket update
- Mumbia: Benchmark indices BSE Sensex and NSE’s Nifty 50 posted their biggest monthly gain in over two years on Monday, as technology shares gained and strong numbers from Housing Development Finance Corp. and Kotak Mahindra Bank boosted sentiment, Reuters reported. Gains were, however, limited after shares of Reliance Industries declined over 3% following disappointing Reliance Jio performance. Here are the latest updates and developments from the markets:
- 3.33 pm IST Closing bellBSE Sensex closed higher by 190.66 points, or 0.55%, to 35,160.36, while the Nifty 50 rose 47.50 points, or 0.44%, to close at 10,739.80. Among the sectoral indices on BSE, realty gained most at 1.50% followed by capital goods 1.48% and IT 1.44%. Energy was down 1.99% and oil and gas declined 1.08%. MidCap and SmallCap gained 0.56% and 0.89%, respectively.Yes Bank, Hindustan Unilever, TCS and Kotak Bank were top gainers, whereas Axis Bank, Reliance Industries, ICICI Bank and Coal India were among the top losers.
- 2.42 pm IST Kotak Mahindra Bank Q4 net profit rises 15% to Rs1,124 croreKotak Mahindra Bank Ltd, India’s fifth-biggest private sector bank by assets, on Monday reported a 15% rise in fourth-quarter net profit, boosted by higher interest and fee incomes. Net profit was Rs1,124 crore for the three months ended 31 March, compared with Rs976 crore a year ago. Kotak Bank shares were up 1.49% to Rs1206 on BSE.
- 1.55 pm IST Market updateBSE Sensex traded higher by 187.61 points, or 0.54%, to 35,157.31, while the Nifty 50 rose 46.50 points, or 0.43%, to 10,738.80. Sixteen out of 19 sectoral indices on BSE traded higher led by IT, FMCG, teck, realty and capital goods, rising over 1%. Yes Bank, TCS, Hindustan Unilever and SBI were among the top gainers, whereas Axis Bank, Reliance Industries, ICICI Bank and Bharti Airtel were major losers.
- 1.50 pm IST HDFC, Kotak Bank to releases March quarter earnings todayCeat Ltd (up 2.32%), Container Corp of India Ltd (down 0.54%), HDFC Ltd (up 0.92%), Hindustan Zinc Ltd (up 0.98%), and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd (up 1.28%) are some of the companies that will release their earnings for the March quarter today.
- 1.45 pm IST Gold prices decline on weak global cues, low demanGold prices fell by Rs120 to Rs32,200 per 10 gram at the bullion market on Monday, tracking a weak trend overseas and muted demand from local jewellers. Silver also dropped by Rs150 to Rs40,300 per kg due to reduced offtake by industrial units and coin makers. Traders said a weak trend overseas as strength in dollar against some currencies eroded appeal of the precious metal as a safe-haven investment and fading demand from local jewellers at the domestic spot markets pulled down gold prices. (PTI)
- 12.55 pm IST European stocks mixedStocks in Europe drifted following gains across Asia as investors weighed the ongoing earnings season against a mixed set of signals for global economic growth. The won rallied as the two Koreas moved closer to peace. The Stoxx Europe 600 Index declined 0.1%, UK’s FTSE 100 Index advanced 0.2% to the highest in almost three months. (Bloomberg)
- 12.03 pm IST Merck shares hit all-time high after March-quarter profit rises 53%Shares of Merck Ltd rose as much as 14.1% to their all-time high of Rs2,172.8 after the company reported a 53% increase in March-quarter profit on Friday, boosted by a 22% rise in revenue from its pharmaceuticals business. (Reuters)
- 12 pm IST Kalpataru Power Transmission shares gain 2% on new ordersKalpataru Power Transmission Ltd shares gained 2.55% to Rs483.50 after the company said that it has bagged orders worth of Rs1,463 crore in the domestic market. The company has secured order worth Rs672 crore from PGCIL and state electricity boards (SEBs) for transmission line and gas insulated substation, two orders for laying of pipeline and associated works totalling Rs581 crore from IOCL and GAIL, and Rs210 crore from RVNl in a joint venture.
- 10.05 am IST Bond yields may fall on RBI tweaks in FPI normsDomestic bond yields could fall on expectations that foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) will resume buying Indian debt, bond dealers said, after easier investment rules announced on Friday.
- 9.35 am IST RIL shares down 1% as Reliance Jio numbers disappoint investorsShares of Reliance Industries Ltd fell 1% to Rs985. The company reported its highest ever quarterly net profit of Rs9,435 crore, beating Street estimates, for the quarter ended 31 March. Revenue at the energy-to-telecom conglomerate rose 39% year-on-year to Rs1.29 trillion, buoyed by a rise in petrochemical sales and increase in global crude prices leading to better realizations in refined products. For the full year, RIL’s net profit stood at Rs36,075 crore, up 20.6% from 2016-17.
- 9.28 am IST Asian shares trade higherStocks in Asia gained, with some major markets shut for holidays, as investors weighed the ongoing earnings season against a mixed set of signals for global economic growth. The biggest gain for shares was in Hong Kong, where technology and bank shares rebounded. Markets in Japan and China were closed for holidays. Hang Seng Index climbed 1.5%, while the Kospi index gained 0.6%. The MSCI Asia Pacific excluding Japan Index gained 1%. (Bloomberg)
First Published: Mon, Apr 30 2018. 09 27 AM IST
- Floods bring to fore staff shortage at disaster management agencies
- Centre, states differ over who will foot bill for MSME tax break
- IITs move to cut course fees, woo more foreign students
- As India, Japan talk security, next in Delhi is China defence chief
- India’s GDP rose fourfold in 1993-2012, while wages only doubled: ILO