ICICI Bank mops up $500 million in overseas bond sale https://t.co/xxJCxCR9KP— Livemint (@livemint) December 8, 2017
Market Wrap: Sensex closes 301 points up, Nifty above 10,160, ITC, Tata Motors, Sun Pharma top gainers
BSE Sensex closed higher by 301.09 points to 33,250.30, while the Nifty 50 rose 98.95 points to close at 10,265.65. Here are the latest updates from the markets
Last Modified: Fri, Dec 08 2017. 04 43 PM IST
- 3.33 pm ISTClosing bell
- 3.28 pm ISTSectoral indices
- 3.25 pm ISTICICI Bank mops up $500 million in overseas bond sale
- 2.33 pm ISTMarket update
- 2.31 pm ISTTata Motors global wholesales rise 22%
- 2.25 pm ISTRupee trades higher against US dollar
- 2.23 pm ISTLondon stocks open flat
- 1.10 pm ISTMarket update
- 1.07 pm ISTCity Union Bank says improper transactions reported on MasterCard, VISA, NPCI platforms
- 1.05pm ISTSandhar Technologies files for IPO
- 1.03 pm ISTCapital First board approves debt offering
- 11.55 am ISTRIL acquires stake in Uruguay-based Dreketi SA
- 11.57 am ISTBitcoin falls more than 12% to below $15,000
- 11.50 am ISTZydus receives USFDA approval
- 11.09 am ISTMarket update
- 11.07 am ISTRuchi Soya to expand crushing business
- 11.05 am ISTHDFC Standard Life shares gain before earnings
- 11.03 am ISTNew India Assurance share trade higher
- 10.15 am ISTMaruti Suzuki India hits Rs9,000 mark
- 10.13 am ISTTata Motors shares gain om JLR sales numbers
- 10.10 am ISTEscorts Ltd shares up after brokerage firm initiates coverage
- 9.37 am ISTJet Airways shares fall 3% after Q2 results
- 9.35 am ISTSAIL shares gain on JV with ArcelorMittal
- 9.33 am ISTFuture Consumer shares rise 12% on brokerage firm rating
- 9.20 am ISTMarket update
- 9.17 am ISTRupee opens flat against US dollar
- 9.15 am ISTAsian currencies trade lower
- Mumbai: Market benchmark Sensex surged 301 points to close at 33,250.30 on Friday on unabated buying by domestic institutional investors amid positive global leads, PTI reported. The wider NSE Nifty too ended above the 10,250-level. The index had rallied 352.03 points in the previous session on value-buying by investors in recently-battered blue-chip stocks. On a weekly basis, the Sensex gained 417.36 points, or 1.27%, while the Nifty advanced 143.85 points, or 1.42%. All the sectoral indices ended higher led by FMCG, healthcare and metal. The Nifty PSU Bank fell 0.83%. Shares of ITC, ONGC, Sun Pharma and Tata Motors were among the top gainers, whereas RIL, Hero MotoCorp, SBI and TCS were the major losers.
- 2.31 pm IST Tata Motors global wholesales rise 22%Tata Motors group global wholesales in November rose 22% at to 112,473 units compared to the last year. Global wholesales of all Tata Motors’ commercial vehicles and Tata Daewoo range in November increased 51% to 40,845 units. Global wholesales of all passenger vehicles up 10% to 71,628 units.
- 2.25 pm IST Rupee trades higher against US dollarThe rupee was trading at 64.48 a dollar, up 0.14% from its Thursday’s close of 64.57. The rupee opened at 64.55 a dollar and touched a high and a low of 64.45 and 64.59, respectively. The 10-year bond yield was at 7.084%, compared to its previous close of 7.055%.
- 2.23 pm IST London stocks open flatThe London stock market flattened at the start of trading following news of a breakthrough Brexit deal, while the pound nudged slightly higher. London’s FTSE 100 index was almost unchanged at 7,322.44 points. In the eurozone meanwhile, the Paris CAC 40 rose 0.5% to 5,411.91 and Frankfurt’s DAX 30 gained nearly 0.8% to 13,146.82 points.
- 1.07 pm IST City Union Bank says improper transactions reported on MasterCard, VISA, NPCI platformsCity Union Bank Ltd shares fell 1.17% to Rs176.80 after the bank said improper debit card transactions were found on MasterCard, VISA and NPCI platforms without corresponding entries into customer accounts into the bank’s system.The bank said it has immediately shutdown its network for investigation purposes.The bank further said an initial estimate of quantum of money in improper transactins across all payment settling platforms is about Rs30-32 crore. The bank has cyber security insurance cover of about Rs25 crore. The bank has revealed that money had been withdrawn through ATMs from around 20 countries, including US, Canada, UK, UAE, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland and Israel.The bank added that its payment systems are now working normal after ensuring adequate security.
- 1.05pm IST Sandhar Technologies files for IPOSandhar Technologies Ltd has filed documents for an initial public offering (IPO). The IPO includes a Rs300 crore fresh issue and an offer for sale of up to 80 lakh shares by GTI Capital Beta. ICICI Securities and Axis Capital are the lead book running managers for the IPO.
- 11.07 am IST Ruchi Soya to expand crushing businessRuchi Soya said it plans to scale up its Soyabean crushing business following positive government policy announcements. The company said an increase in export incentives for agriculture and related products will help Ruchi Soya’s oil seed extraction business. The company expects its current capacity utilisation to double in the current year to 30-35%.
- 9.37 am IST Jet Airways shares fall 3% after Q2 resultsJet Airways India Ltd fell 3% to Rs675.05 after the company reported 91% decline in its net profit to Rs49.63 crore in September quarter from Rs549.02 crore due to a weak demand from the Middle East, lower airfares and higher fuel prices. Revenue fell 0.25% to Rs5,758.18 crore in the quarter from a year earlier, while expenses rose 9.28% to Rs5,708.55 crore, the airline said on Thursday.
- 9.15 am IST Asian currencies trade lowerAsian currencies were trading lower ahead of non-payroll data on Friday. Japanese yen was down 0.22%, Thai baht 0.08%, Malaysian ringgit 0.05%, Singapore dollar 0.04%. However, Philippines peso was up 0.11%. The dollar index, which measures the US currency’s strength against major currencies, was trading at 93.824, up 0.03%, from its previous close of 93.795.
First Published: Fri, Dec 08 2017. 09 24 AM IST