Opening bell: Vedanta, Airtel in news; Wockhardt, Ambuja Cements earnings today
Bharti Airtel plans to raise as much as $1.5 billion by diluting about a fourth of its stake when it lists the holding company for Africa operations
Asian markets little changed
Vedanta Q4 profit rises 81% to Rs4,802 crore
Vedanta Ltd posted an 81% surge in quarterly profit on Thursday, helped by higher volumes and favourable commodity prices, reports Reuters.
JSW Energy reports Rs480 crore loss in March quarter
JSW Energy reported consolidated net loss of Rs480.05 crore in the January-March quarter due to a one-time provisions of Rs815 crore.
Honda closes in on Hero MotoCorp for top spot
The slugfest for a pole position in two-wheeler market became intense in April, reports Business Standard. According to the report, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India closed in on Hero MotoCorp, the market leader.
Bharti Airtel may sell 25% stake in Africa unit
Bharti Airtel plans to raise as much as $1.5 billion by diluting about a fourth of its stake when it lists the holding company for Africa operations, reports The Economic Times.
Basmati rice maker KRBL group eyes REI Agro
According to Business Standard, the makers of India Gate basmati rice, the KRBL group, have shown interest in REI Agro, which has gone into liquidation.
Glenmark gets notice over misconduct in clinical trials
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd is under regulatory scrutiny for alleged misconduct in carrying out clinical trials recently in Jaipur, reports Mint.
Wockhardt Ltd, Ambuja Cements earnings today
PVR Ltd, Wockhardt Ltd, Ambuja Cements Ltd, and Godrej Properties Ltd are some of the companies that will release their earnings for the March quarter today.
- Gold prices fall Rs105 on global cues, weak demand
- Tata Communications, Arvind to move out from NSE’s Nifty Midcap 50 index
- EPFO notifies 8.55% interest rate on PF for 2017-18, lowest in 5 years
- Gold prices surge Rs350 on global cues, high demand
- As Singapore and India fight over futures, investor worries grow
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars