Punjab & Sind Bank to raise up to Rs1,000 crore by March 2019
New Delhi: Public sector Punjab and Sind Bank on Tuesday said it has received board approval to raise up to Rs1,000 crore by the end of the next fiscal by various means including follow on public offer, rights issue or qualified institutional placement (QIP).
“The board of directors in its meeting held on December 26, 2017, resolved and approved raising of equity capital aggregating up to Rs 1,000 crore,” the bank said in a regulatory filing. The capital is to be raised through various means including public issue (follow on public offer)/rights issue/qualified institutional placement (QIP)/preferential issue or any other mode or a combination, the bank added further.
The lender said it can raise the money in one or more tranches by the end of next fiscal (31 March 2019). Stock of the bank closed 1.03% down at Rs48.20 apiece on BSE.
- Naspers to sell $10.6 billion of Tencent to fund investments
- RCom-Reliance Jio asset sale: Supreme Court asks parties to maintain status quo
- Asus Vivobook 15 X510UA Review: Sets new benchmark for sub Rs40,000 laptops
- YouTube follows Amazon into movie theatres
- Several Indian cities are on a quest to map sparrow populations before they disappear