Equity AUMs scale record highs in January to Rs7.9 trillion
Mumbai: Equity assets under management (AUMs) of Indian mutual fund industry scaled record highs in January to Rs7.9 trillion, albeit at the slowest pace in more than a year, as mutual funds continued their inflows.
Equity AUMs rose by 2%, the slowest pace since December 2016 as net inflows into equity schemes were the lowest since July 2017 at Rs15,390 crore, data from the Association of Mutual Funds of India (Amfi) showed on Wednesday.
Benchmark equity index Sensex, meanwhile gained 5.6% in January and had tested a fresh record high of 36,283.25 on 29 January.
Total AUMs meanwhile rose 4.85% to Rs 22.41 trillion.
- Despite volatility, markets will offer opportunities for IPOs: Sudhir Bassi
- Bharti Group exits Biyani’s Future Enterprises by selling its 13.64% stake
- 4 ways in which diesel, petrol price rise will impact you
- It’s good to teach children the concept of saving
- Global gold prices slip as investors eye riskier assets