Home >Opinion >Online-views >Ask Mint | On investments

Ask Mint | On investments

Ask Mint | On investments

I bought 100 shares of KEC International Ltd at Rs260 and 200 shares of Sterlite Opticals Ltd at Rs145 two years back. Should I hold the scrips or exit?

M. Shahroz

KEC International Ltd is giving you good return on your investment. As a thumb rule, you must book some profit. It could be a partial profit booking also. A conservative approach to profit booking is that you should take out your capital and could stay invested with your profits. In the medium to long term, the scrip is not showing signs of weakness and is likely to do well. The Sterlite Opticals Ltd scrip is currently in the positive zone and may gain further. You may plan to exit it around Rs410 and can assume stop-loss of Rs252.

Please suggest some mutual funds where I can invest Rs50,000 in the next three months. Since I am planning for retirement next year, I am interested in value appreciation and dividend earnings.


Normally, for mutual fund investment, you should have a long-term perspective and should plan your investments for a time-frame of at least two-three years. Currently, investment in banking and midcap funds would be a better idea. You may consider these funds of JM, SBI, UTI or Reliance.

Kindly throw some light on Crew B.O.S. Products Ltd, Hotel Leela Venture Ltd and Lanco Industries Ltd. I am losing in all the three, may be because of higher entry point. Crew B.O.S. is giving me the highest loss. I didn’t keep strict stop-loss. I have lost almost 50% of my capital. Please advise.

Joseph Philip

Crew B.O.S. Products Ltd is currently down and showing no signs of reversal as of now. I do not know your buying price, but as per charts, if you get Rs130- 140, it would be better to exit. Hotel Leela Venture Ltd has a strong resistance at Rs54. If it crosses this level, then it may gain further and touch Rs63-66 levels. Exit at this price. Lanco Industries Ltd is currently in a consolidation phase and you should wait for Rs76 and take a fresh call.

I am holding 500 equity shares of Usha Rectifier (India) Corp. Ltd, subsequently known as Usha (India). About two years back, I changed my residential address and since then I did not receive any communication/ annual report from it. The shares are also not quoted or traded on BSE or NSE. Please tell me the name and address of the registrar/share transfer agency of the company.

J.R. Dagar

The address of the company is: Rd. No 1, UPSIDC Indl. Est., Jagdishpur- 227817, Tel: 91-536-70264, Fax: 91-536-70275.

The answers are based on a technical analysis of markets and individual stocks. The views expressed on this page are not the newspaper’s opinion and are provided for information purposes by Vipul Verma. Readers are requested to do their own research before participating in stock markets. Neither the paper nor the information provider will be responsible for any action and outcomes based on information provided here.

Subscribe to Mint Newsletters
* Enter a valid email
* Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.

Click here to read the Mint ePaperMint is now on Telegram. Join Mint channel in your Telegram and stay updated with the latest business news.

My Reads Redeem a Gift Card Logout