Tata Chemicals shares fall over 3% on poor Q1 earnings
Tata Chemicals shares tumbled 3.29% to settle at Rs577.10 on BSE
New Delhi: Shares of Tata Chemicals on Wednesday went down by over 3% after the company reported 14% fall in consolidated net profit for the first quarter ended 30 June.
The stock tumbled 3.29% to settle at Rs577.10 on BSE. During the day, it lost 5.54% to Rs 563.65. At NSE, shares of the company slipped 2.85% to close at Rs579.05.
Tata Chemicals on Tuesday reported 14% fall in consolidated net profit at Rs177.9 crore for June quarter of 2017-18 fiscal.
Its net profit stood at Rs206.2 crore in the year-ago period, the company said in a regulatory filing.
Total income in the said quarter fell to Rs2,667.33 crore from Rs3,340.13 crore in June quarter last fiscal.
Editor's Picks »
- France’s Engie appoints Rothschild to find a buyer for Indian solar biz
- Going into 2019, has brand Modi lost some of its sheen?
- Sun Pharma’s cancer injection from Halol plant gets USFDA nod
- A click moment for us was raising ₹100 crore in seed round to chase our dreams: Manish Lunia
- HDFC mutual fund arm to launch its ₹2,800 crore initial share sale next week
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey
- ICICI Lombard tightens grip on profitability in a lean growth quarter
- TCNS Clothing IPO: Valuations capture the upsides adequately
- Nightmare of Indian Accounting Standard 115 comes to haunt firms in the real estate sector
- What is driving the optimism in stocks of paint companies?