Market Wrap: Sensex closes 91 points up, Nifty at 10,380, Infosys, Bajaj Auto, M&M top gainers
BSE Sensex closed higher by 91.16 points at 33,679.24, while the Nifty 50 rose 40.95 points to close at 10,389.70. Here are the latest updates
Last Modified: Fri, Nov 24 2017. 05 12 PM IST
- 3.34 pm ISTClosing bell
- 2.44 pm ISTMarket update
- 2.40 pm ISTEuropean shares open higher
- 2.25 pm ISTIndian Hume Pipe shares jump on receipt of order
- 2.15 pm ISTRupee trades lower against US dollar, bond yields rise
- 1.30 pm ISTSensex, Nifty hold gains
- 1.14 pm ISTJM Financial home loan unit gets NHB nod for financing activities
- 12.35 pm ISTMahindra partners with Uber to deploy EVs in India
- 12.16 pm ISTSBI Mutual Fund raises stake in Camlin Fine Sciences
- 12.00 pm ISTEdelweiss Financial raises Rs1,528 crore
- 11.10 am ISTMarket update
- 11.01 am ISTZydus receives USFDA approval
- 10.57 am ISTVakrangee Ltd shares gain on block deal
- 10.53 am ISTStar Paper Mills shares fall on quarterly result
- 10.50 am ISTKesar Terminals & Infrastructure shares decline as profit falls
- 10.15 am ISTBata India shares fall on downgrade
- 10.12 am ISTRBL Bank shares rise after block deal
- 10.00 am ISTCox and Kings shares up as unit opens new hotel
- 9.55 am ISTMT Educare shares extend gains
- 9.32 am ISTSensex, Nifty trade higher
- 9.25 am ISTRIL shares rise after completion of sale
- 9.23 am ISTSkipper shares gain on JV announcement
- 9.20 am ISTSwaraj Engines shares up on buyback plan
- 9.15 am ISTRupee trades higher against US dollar
- 9.13 am ISTBond yields rise over 7%
- 9.10 am ISTAsian currencies trade lower
- Mumbai: BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty posted gains for a seventh straight session on Friday led consumer durables and IT stocks. The 30-share index opened higher and hit a high of 33,738.53 during the day before closing at 33,649.24, up 91.16 points. The NSE Nifty crossed the 10,400-mark to touch 10,404.50 intraday. It ended 40.95 points higher at 10,389.70 points. For the week, the Sensex gained 336.44 points, or 1%, while the Nifty rose 106.1 points, or 1.03%.Heavyweights Infosys, RIL and ITC helped the market hold gains, whereas SBI, ICICI Bank and Hindalco were among the top losers. Among the sectoral indices, the BSE Consumer Durables index gained most at 2.79%, while metal was the top loser at 0.60%.Bond yield rose over 7% as S&P Global Ratings’ review of India’s sovereign rating is expected later in the day. The government is bracing for both a positive and a negative outcome of the assessment, according to The Indian Express. Here are the latest updates from the markets:
- 2.40 pm IST European shares open higherEuropean stock markets steadied on Friday in subdued opening deals ahead of the weekend. London’s FTSE 100 index was essentially flat at 7,417.74 points. In the eurozone, Frankfurt’s DAX 30 index rise 0.1% to 13,023.52 points. The Paris CAC 40 weakened by just under 0.1% to stand at 5,379.54. (AFP)
- 2.25 pm IST Indian Hume Pipe shares jump on receipt of orderIndian Hume Pipe Co. Ltd shares surged 4% to Rs476.60 after the company said it received an order of Rs119.73 crores from public health and municipal engineering department of government of Andhra Pradesh for providing water supply improvements scheme under AMRUT project.
- 2.15 pm IST Rupee trades lower against US dollar, bond yields riseThe rupee was trading at 64.65 a dollar, down 0.14% from its Thursday’s close of 64.57. The rupee opened at 64.59 a dollar and touched a high and a low of 64.55 and 64.75, respectively.Bond yield rose for the fourth consecutive session and hit over 7% ahead of Rs15,000 crore government bond auction on Friday. The 10-year bond yield was at 7.019%, compared to its previous close of 6.99%. Bond yields and prices move in opposite directions.
- 1.14 pm IST JM Financial home loan unit gets NHB nod for financing activitiesJM Financial Ltd unit JM Financial Home Loans Ltd received certificate of registration from the National Housing Bank for carrying out housing finance activities, the company said in a regulatory filing. Shares traded 2.34% up at Rs155.34.
- 12.35 pm IST Mahindra partners with Uber to deploy EVs in IndiaMahindra and Mahindra Ltd partnered with Uber to deploy electric vehicles in several cities across India, starting with Delhi and Hyderabad, where the companies will deploy hundreds of EVs, the company said in a press release. Shares traded 1.25% to Rs1,437.60.
- 9.25 am IST RIL shares rise after completion of saleReliance Industries Ltd (RIL) rose 1% to Rs953.05 after announced closing sale of its interest in certain upstream assets, which were operated by Carrizo and Gas Inc to BKV Chelsea LLC, an affiliate of Kalnin Ventures. In a transaction announced on 6 October 2017, RIL agreed to sell its entire working interest in these upstream assets to BKV Chelsea for a purchase consideration of $126 million. Additionally, under the definitive documents, a contingent amount of up to $11.25 million may be paid to RIL between years 2018 to 2020 based on certain gas price thresholds being achieved.
- 9.10 am IST Asian currencies trade lowerAsian currencies were trading lower. Malaysian ringgit was down 0.29%, Japanese yen 0.11%, Philippines peso 0.08%, Taiwan dollar 0.07% and China renminbi fell 0.06%. However, South Korean won was up 0.06%. The dollar index, which measures the US currency’s strength against major currencies, was trading at 93.118, down 0.11%, from its previous close of 93.220.
First Published: Fri, Nov 24 2017. 09 45 AM IST