Bitcoin soars through $14,000, up more than 40% this month https://t.co/Zc8YgQtdyS— Livemint (@livemint) December 7, 2017
Market Wrap: Sensex closes 352 points up, Nifty above 10,160; auto, metal stocks gain
BSE Sensex closed 1.08% higher to 32,949.21, while the Nifty 50 rose 1.22% to close at 10,166.70. Here are the latest updates from the markets
Last Modified: Thu, Dec 07 2017. 09 20 PM IST
- 3.32 pm ISTClosing bell
- 2.52 pm ISTMarket update
- 2.50 pm ISTSectoral indices
- 2.47 pm ISTHotel Leelaventure reports net loss of Rs24.44 crore
- 2.45 pm ISTRupee trades marginally lower
- 2 pm ISTCyient enters partnership with UK-based EA Technology
- 1.57 pm ISTFuture Supply Chain IPO sees 43% subscription so far
- 1.55 pm ISTITD Cementation shares gain
- 1.47 pm ISTShalby IPO over subscribed on last day
- 1.15 pm ISTMarket update
- 1.10 pm ISTAuto stocks among top gainers
- 12.30 pm ISTJaguar Land Rover sales rise 10% in November
- 12.27pm ISTVistra ITCL raises stake in Jyothi Labs
- 12.25 pm ISTPrime Focus plans Rs330 crore warrants issue
- 11.35 am ISTGMR unit in race for $250 million project in Philippines
- 11.33 am ISTBitcoin soars through $14,000, up more than 40% this month
- 11.30 am ISTGlobal gold prices flat
- 11.11 am ISTSensex surges 255 points
- 11.08 am ISTHatsun Agro Product board approves fund raising via rights offering
- 10.12 am ISTTop gainers/losers on BSE
- 10.10 am ISTJet Airways shares gain over 2% before earnings
- 10.07 am ISTHotel Leelaventure shares up 2%
- 9.36 am ISTmarket update
- 9.32 am ISTIRB Infrastructure Developers shares fall 5%
- 9.30 am ISTEverest Kanto Cylinder shares gain following report of unit sale
- 9.27 am ISTL&T shares rise on receipt of order worth Rs1,600 crore
- 9.25 am ISTRupee opens flat against US dollar
- 9.21 am ISTMarket opens higher
- Mumbai: The BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty closed over 1% higher on Thursday led by bank, auto and metal stocks. The Sensex closed at 32,949.21, up 352.03 points, or 1.08%, its biggest single-day gain since 1 November, when it had surged 387.14 points, PTI reported. The Nifty soared 122.60 points, or 1.22%, to close at 10,166.70, its biggest single-day jump since 25 May, when it had gained 149.20. All the sectoral indices ended higher. On the BSE, the telecom index gained 4.81%, while the auto index led the NSE pack by gaining 1.95%. Here are the latest updates from the markets:
- 2 pm IST Cyient enters partnership with UK-based EA Technology Cyient Ltd said it has entered into a non-exclusive business alliance with UK-based EA Technology to pursue business opportunities globally for providing asset management and decision support solutions services for electric utilities. The company’s stock rose 2.91% to Rs600.55.
- 1.57 pm IST Future Supply Chain IPO sees 43% subscription so farThe initial public offering of Future Supply Chain Solutions was subscribed 43% so far on the second day of the share sale on Thursday. As of 12.30pm, the IPO received bids for 2,973,652 shares against the total issue size of 6,849,200 shares, according to NSE data. The IPO closes on 8 December.
- 1.47 pm IST Shalby IPO over subscribed on last dayShalby Ltd’s IPO was oversubscribed 1.08 times so far on the last day of the bidding. The IPO, which aims to raise Rs504 crore, received bids for 1,57,11,900 shares against the total issue size of 1,45,21,686 shares—a subscription of 1.08%—data available with NSE showed.
- 12.30 pm IST Jaguar Land Rover sales rise 10% in NovemberTata Motors said Jaguar Land Rover vehicle sales rose 10% to 52,332 vehicles in November, driven primarily by the introduction of the new Land Rover Discovery and the Range Rover Velar. Jaguar Land Rover retail sales rose in the overseas markets to 19.7%, China 19.1%, the UK 8.6% and in North America 7.8%, However, sales fell 2.1% in Europe.
- 11.35 am IST GMR unit in race for $250 million project in PhilippinesGMR group unit GMR Infrastructure (Singapore) Pte Ltd, along with its Manila-based partner Megawide, is in the race for a $250 million Clark International Airport new terminal building project in the Philippines. Shares of GMR Infra rose 1.78% to Rs17.15.
- 11.30 am IST Global gold prices flatGold prices were mostly steady on Thursday amid a firm dollar, trading within sight of a two-month low hit earlier this week. Spot gold was nearly unchanged at $1,263.21 an ounce by 9.36am. It marked its lowest since 6 October at $1,260.71 on Tuesday. US gold futures were flat at $1,265.70.
- 9.25 am IST Rupee opens flat against US dollarThe Indian rupee on Thursday opened little changed against US dollar in opening trade. The rupee was trading at 64.54 a dollar, down 0.03% from its Wednesday’s close of 64.52. The 10-year bond yield was at 7.015%, compared to its previous close of 7.031%.
First Published: Thu, Dec 07 2017. 09 28 AM IST
- GST rates slashed on several products
- Won’t join NDA for 2019 elections, says Chandrababu Naidu
- Reliance Power Q1 profit rises 3% to Rs237.33 crore
- TMC will sweep in all 42 Lok Sabha seats in West Bengal, says Mamata Banerjee
- Rahul Gandhi has seriously hurt image of Indian politician before world: Arun Jaitley
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself