HDFC’s realty fund buys stake in ATS firm HomeKraft; to create $300 million fund
HomeKraft will invest over $300 million for development of affordable and mid-income housing across India with a mix of internal accruals, debt and private equity funds
New Delhi: HDFC’s real estate fund has acquired a “significant minority” stake in Noida-based ATS group firm HomeKraft and will create a $300 million corpus to develop affordable and mid-income housing projects.
In March this year, ATS group founder Getamber Anand launched a new venture HomeKraft to develop mid-income and affordable housing projects in a price range of Rs30-70 lakh. HomeKraft has diluted a significant minority equity stake to HDFC Capital Affordable Real Estate Fund, a fund managed by HDFC Capital Advisors, according to a joint press release.
The investment by the fund in HomeKraft is one of the rare entity level equity investments in the real estate sector, it added. HomeKraft will invest over $300 million for development of affordable and mid-income housing across India with a mix of internal accruals, debt and private equity funds, the statement said.
“The affordable housing segment is expected to see healthy growth going forward given the impetus provided by the government through various incentives and subvention scheme,” HDFC MD Renu Sud Karnad said.
In December last, HDFC Capital announced raising of $1 billion to create a real estate fund that would invest in affordable and mid-income housing projects in the top 15 cities of the country. HDFC Capital Advisors is a 100% subsidiary of HDFC Ltd.
“We have had a persistent demand for affordable and mid segment housing from prospective customers, who aspire for an ATS home but are unable to afford due to budget constraints. We are very happy to partner HDFC Capital to work together to develop homes in affordable and mid income segment under HomeKraft,” said Getamber Anand, CMD, ATS Group.
HomeKraft is led by Prasoon Chauhan, CEO, along with a team of professionals. HomeKraft is looking to clock sales of 6,000-6,500 units in the next 3-5 years with expected revenue in the range of $600-750 million.
All apartments under this brand would qualify under the PMAY scheme, wherein, various concessional government schemes like interest subvention under CLSS, concessions on GST, etc. would be available.
ATS has completed nearly 30 million square feet of residential space and 40 million square feet is under construction.
Editor's Picks »
- Residential real estate continues to struggle, office leasing strongest in three years
- Car loan can give income tax benefit to self-employed
- Oil prices tumble 5% as Saudis pledge to produce as much as they can
- Airtel Diwali offer: Rs 2,000 cashback on purchase of new 4G smartphone
- 10-year bond yield hits two-month low, rupee moves higher
- How HDFC Life, SBI Life, ICICI Prudential differed in their Q2 results
- Q2 results: HCL Tech’s growth improves but acceleration is key
- Bajaj Finance’s strong Q2 results fails to impress investors
- Optimism on tractor sales deflating despite normal monsoon
- Hindustan Zinc dividend payout offsets dull Q2 results