Cochin Shipyard shares close over 20% higher on stock market debut
Cochin Shipyard shares closed 20.83% higher at Rs522 on BSE
Mumbai: Shares of Cochin Shipyard Ltd on Friday surged over 20% on debut on the bourses on Friday, after the state-run shipbuilder’s initial public offer (IPO) was subscribed more than 76 times last week.
Cochin Shipyard shares opened 0.7% higher on the BSE at Rs435 apiece compared to the issue price of Rs432 , which was the upper end of the price band of Rs424-432 per share.
The shares closed 20% higher at Rs522 on BSE. Earlier in the day, the shares touched a high of Rs522 and a low of Rs435, respectively.
Cochin Shipyard’s IPO had witnessed subscription of 76.19 times, according to data from the National Stock Exchange.
The IPO, a fresh issue of 22.65 million shares, will fetch the company Rs978 crore at the upper end of the price band.
The Union government is also selling 10% of its stake through an offer for sale of around 11.3 million shares. The successful IPO will mean that the government will fetch Rs489 crore through the share sale.
The funds from the fresh issue of shares will be used to fund two major projects and also to improve the shipbuilder’s existing facilities.
Editor's Picks »
- Global market calm at risk as commodities sink into correction
- Nokia 3.1 launched in India, plans to take on budget smartphones with attractive offers
- America, meet your faker: Sacha Baron Cohen is back
- Suzuki Motorcycle to invest ₹600 crore in its second India plant
- Samsung’s Noida phone plant masks Narendra Modi’s ‘Make in India’ struggle
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself
- UltraTech Cement: No respite from cost pressures
- Mindtree sees strong revenues but client concentration remains high
- Bandhan Bank’s share defies gravity as growth story is intact
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey