Gold futures drop Rs88 on weak global cues
- Sushma Swaraj meets Wang Yi to discuss India-China ties
- Brouhaha should not be created over rape cases in big country like India: Santosh Gangwar
- Sitaram Yechury re-elected as CPI(M) general secretary
- 31 killed in suicide attack on Kabul voter registration centre
- Air India flight faces turbulence, leaves 3 passengers injured, window panel comes off
New Delhi: Amid a weakening global trend gold futures traded Rs.88 down at Rs.29,295 per 10 grams on Thursday as speculators reduced their positions.
Gold for delivery in December dropped by Rs.88 or 0.30% to Rs.29,295 per 10 gram in a business turnover of 105 lots at the Multi Commodity Exchange. In a similar fashion, the metal for delivery in far-month February next year shed Rs.42 or 0.14% to Rs.29,159 per 10 gram in 5 lots.
Market analysts said the fall in gold futures was mostly in tune with a weak trend overseas as the dollar climbed to a 14-month high against basket of currencies, eroding demand for haven assets. Meanwhile, gold prices dropped by 0.28% to $1,225 an ounce in New York on Wednesday.