Term of the day: Peer-to-peer transactions on crypto exchanges
Some Indian exchanges are now offering P2P facility to KYC-verified customers
In peer-to-peer (P2P) crypto transactions, while the crypto exchange helps connect the buyer and the seller, the settlement is done directly between two individuals. This could be through online transfer of money, or through cash.
While some portals offered P2P transactions even earlier, there was high risk of fraud. Some Indian exchanges are now offering P2P facility to KYC-verified customers. Though risks remain, in case of a default, the exchange has the complete information about trading parties, including Aadhaar and PAN details.
- What are family floater policies and who should buy them
- Car loan comparison: Interest rate, EMI, processing fee
- BofA-ML fund manager survey: global optimism at six-year low
- Gold prices set to soar over next 12 months, forecasts Bank of America
- US, China impose fresh tariffs with no trade talks in sight