Karnataka Bank shares soar 9% as ICICI Bank picks up stake
Karnataka Bank stock soared 9% to end at Rs159.30 on BSE, with market valuation too going up by Rs371.91 crore to Rs4,501.91 crore
- Gold prices fall Rs105 on global cues, weak demand
- Tata Communications, Arvind to move out from NSE’s Nifty Midcap 50 index
- EPFO notifies 8.55% interest rate on PF for 2017-18, lowest in 5 years
- Gold prices surge Rs350 on global cues, high demand
- As Singapore and India fight over futures, investor worries grow
New Delhi: Shares of Karnataka Bank surged 9% on Tuesday after it disclosed that ICICI Bank has picked up a little over 1% stake in the company.
The stock soared 9% to end at Rs159.30 on BSE. During the day, it zoomed 10.63% to Rs161.70—its 52-week high.
At NSE, shares of the company rose sharply by 9% to close at Rs159.35.
The company’s market valuation too went up by Rs371.91 crore to Rs4,501.91 crore. On the volume front, 25.21 lakh shares of the company were traded on BSE and over two crore shares changed hands on NSE during the day.
As per the latest shareholding disclosure on BSE, ICICI Bank has picked up 1.09% stake in the company.
The shareholding pattern for the period ended 31 March was disclosed post market hours yesterday.
The bank has often been target of takeover speculations which it has always denied.
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars