India November factory PMI fastest since late 2016 demonetisation shock https://t.co/sYck9hMdfU— Livemint (@livemint) December 1, 2017
Market Wrap: Sensex, Nifty close 1% lower, PSU bank, metal stocks fall
BSE Sensex closed lower by 316.41 points, or 0.95%, to 32,832.94, while the Nifty 50 fell 104.75 points, or 1.02%, to close at 10,121.80. Here are the latest updates
Last Modified: Fri, Dec 01 2017. 04 45 PM IST
- 3.33 pm ISTClosing bell
- 3.03 pm ISTEuropean shares open lower
- 2.56 pm ISTSensex, Nifty extend losses
- 1.59 pm ISTMarket update
- 1.57 pm ISTMahindra November vehicles sales rise 18%
- 1.26 pm ISTMarket update
- 1.23 pm ISTSectoral indices’ performance
- 12.30 pm ISTCadila Healthcare unit receives tentative approval from USFDA
- 11.38 am ISTSensex, Nifty erase gains
- 11.35 am ISTIndia’s November factory activity growth strongest in 13 months
- 11.30 am ISTIL&FS shares rise on winning new order
- 10.58 am ISTMarket update
- 10.55 am ISTSAIL shares rise on brokerage firm upgrade
- 10.50 am ISTMaruti Suzuki India shares gain on positive sales data
- 10.37 am ISTDr. Reddy’s Labs unit receives new drug approval
- 10.27 am ISTBharti Airtel shares fall on UIDAI probe
- 10.12 am ISTBajaj Auto total sales rise 21% in November
- 10.00 am ISTUFO Moviez India shares fall 3.3% on net profit
- 9.35 am ISTMarket update
- 9.33 am ISTBiocon shares rise over 3%
- 9.30 am ISTLaurus Labs shares gain 4% on USFDA approval
- 9.28 am ISTLT Foods shares jump 5% on expansion plan
- 9.25 pm ISTSensex, Nifty open higher
- Mumbai: BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty closed about 1% lower on Friday as the countries gross domestic data (GDP) failed to boost the market. All the sectoral indices ended lower with realty, utilities, metal and telecom suffering most. Twenty seven out of 30 stocks in the BSE basket closed lower with Adani Ports, Bajaj Auto, Bharti Airtel and Sun Pharma among the major losers. Shares of Kotak Bank, NTPC and Maruti were the top gainers.India’s GDP growth quickened to 6.3% in the September quarter, up from a three-year low of 5.7% in the June quarter, shaking off the lingering effects of demonetisation last year and goods and service tax rollout on 1 July. On Thursday, both the benchmark indices shed 1.3% after India’s fiscal deficit reached 96% of the budgeted target for the fiscal year ending in March 2018. Here are the latest updates from the markets:
- 1.57 pm IST Mahindra November vehicles sales rise 18%Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd said its November total vehicle sales stood at 38,570 unit, up 18.44% from 32,564 units during the same month last year. The company’s domestic sales rose 21% to 36,039 unit in November. Exports for November increased 6% to 2,531 units. Shares rose 0.50% to Rs1,417.50.
- 12.30 pm IST Cadila Healthcare unit receives tentative approval from USFDA Cadila Healthcare said Zydus Pharmaceuticals (USA) Inc. received tentative approval from the USFDA to market Pregabalin capsules used for management of certain kinds of seizures, neuropathic pain and fibromyalgia. Shares traded 0.17% to Rs430.15.
- 11.35 am IST India’s November factory activity growth strongest in 13 monthsNovember’s Nikkei/IHS Markit Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index rose to 52.6 from 50.3 in October, above all forecasts in a Reuters poll which had predicted a more modest rise to 51.0. Anything above 50 indicates growth. The reading was the strongest in 13 months.
- 10.27 am IST Bharti Airtel shares fall on UIDAI probeBharti Airtel said it has received a notice from the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and is preparing a response to the authority. The company made the disclosure in a BSE filing in response to a Times of India report that UIDAI has ordered a probe against Airtel for violating Aadhaar Act and has also threatened to fine the telecom service provider. Shares traded 0.87% lower at Rs492.55.
- 9.30 am IST Laurus Labs shares gain 4% on USFDA approvalLaurus Labs Ltd rose 4% to Rs543.45 after the company said it got maiden tentative approval from USFDA for Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate tablets. Drug is used for the treatment of HIV-1 infection in adults and paediatric patients 2 years of age and under.
First Published: Fri, Dec 01 2017. 09 29 AM IST
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself
- UltraTech Cement: No respite from cost pressures
- Mindtree sees strong revenues but client concentration remains high
- Bandhan Bank’s share defies gravity as growth story is intact
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey