Bitcoin trades above $5,000 for first time ever
London: Bitcoin smashed through the $5,000 barrier for the first time ever on Thursday, jumping as much as 7% to chalk up its biggest daily rise in over two weeks.
Bitcoin, the original and still the biggest cryptocurrency, has been on a tear recently, rallying nearly 75% in barely a month.
It has chalked up a more than fivefold increase in price since the start of the year. Reuters
- Fuel marketers may have to continue paying higher debit card fees
- 14 Naxals killed in Gadchiroli encounter in Maharashtra
- BJP gears up for solo fight in Maharashtra polls, but alliance talks on with Shiv Sena
- Slay the beast of social media to curb societal ills
- Karnataka polls may turn out to be anybody’s game