TCS pips RIL by ₹ 307.42 crore to become most valued firm
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) market cap stood at ₹ 7 63,360.46 crore, ₹ 307.42 crore more than that of Reliance Industries’ ₹ 763,053.04 crore
New Delhi: Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) on Friday surged past Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) to emerge as the country’s most valued firm by market capitalisation. At close of trade on BSE on Friday, TCS market cap stood at ₹ 763,360.46 crore—₹ 307.42 crore more than that of RIL’s ₹ 763,053.04 crore valuation.
TCS shares ended 0.98% higher at ₹1,993.85 on the BSE on Friday, while those of RIL slipped 1.15% to close at ₹ 1,204.
TCS and RIL have been over the past few months swapping places, as far as highest market cap is concerned. On 1 August, TCS reclaimed the top rank from RIL that it had lost on 31 July, only to lose it again on 8 August. On 13 July, RIL’s market cap had briefly surged past the ₹7 trillion mark, making it the second company after TCS to achieve the milestone. On 20 July, RIL’s market value surged past ₹ 7 trillion for the second time in a week and has stayed above ₹ 7 trillion since then.
The IT major had first replaced RIL as the most-valued firm more than five years ago.
RIL had last month crossed the $100 billion market capitalisation mark.
Editor's Picks »
- At opposition meet, Rahul Gandhi targets govt over Rafale deal
- News in numbers: Trump’s attacks on the press ‘dangerous to the lifeblood of democracy’, says NYT
- Former Religare CEO Shachindra Nath raises about ₹1,000 crore for NBFC
- PE industry lobbies CCI for anti-trust exemptions
- Opinion | Turkey flashes warning sign to Asia
- Recent rise in trade deficit is not due to the oil prices
- Safeguard duty proposal has deepened uncertainty in the solar energy sector
- Fortis Healthcare: What now, after IHH entry and June quarter loss?
- Weak Q1 for Amara Raja but investors pin hopes on softening lead prices
- IDBI Bank Q1 results show how expensive it is for LIC