Opening bell: Asian markets open mixed; Airtel, RIL in focus
Airtel to buy Tata’s consumer mobile business in a debt-free, cash-free deal, while Reliance Industries (RIL) is set to announce its Q2 earnings today
US stocks end lower; Asian markets open mixed
US stocks closed lower on Thursday as Wall Street digested earnings from some of the top financial companies.
Markets in Asia were subdued on Friday after Wall Street slipped as investors awaited the release of China trade data during the session.
Airtel to buy Tata’s consumer mobile business in a debt-free, cash-free deal
Tata Sons Ltd will sell its consumer mobile business to India’s largest telecom operator Bharti Airtel Ltd virtually for free, as part of the group chairman’s strategy to exit businesses which have been a prolonged drag and have little visibility of future profits.
TCS reports 3.2% sequential rise in Q2 dollar revenue
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS)’s quarterly revenue rose 1.7% in constant currency terms in the second quarter from the preceding three months, but a 150 basis point boost from positive currency movement and better operational efficiency helped it report a 3.2% sequential increase in dollar revenue.
Banks need to set aside Rs3.3 trillion as bad loan provisioning in FY18: Crisil
Banks are likely to need nearly Rs3.3 trillion this fiscal as provisioning for large non-performing asset (NPA) accounts in the current financial year, said a Crisil report.
India’s IIP in August highest in 9 months, inflation unchanged
India’s factory output rebounded strongly to a nine-month high of 4.3% in August as companies stepped up production to restock warehouses ahead of the festival season, after they reduced output in June and July owing to uncertainties regarding implementation of the goods and services tax (GST).
IndusInd Bank Q2 net profit rises 25% to Rs880 crore
IndusInd Bank Ltd said its net profit for the September quarter rose 25% from a year ago due to higher net interest income and other income.
GIC Re IPO subscribed 90% on second day
The initial public offering of state-owned General Insurance Corp. of India Ltd (GIC Re) was subscribed 90% on the second day of the IPO.
Karnataka Bank, MCX and Reliance Industries Ltd are among the companies that will be announcing their September quarter earnings on Friday.
Editor's Picks »
- Donald Trump warns Iran to ‘never, ever threaten’ US or suffer consequences
- News In Numbers: 44% of tech CEOs are optimistic about the future, shows KPMG survey
- China-US trade war: Is there a silver lining for India?
- Oil prices fall on demand concerns as G20 warns of risks to growth
- GST rate cuts may lower tax revenue by Rs 15,000 crore a year
- Bajaj Auto’s dismal Q1 results builds a case for FY2019 earnings cut
- GST on paints cut, but companies may not pass on full benefit immediately
- June quarter results signal Havells India is off to a bright start this fiscal
- Business gains, not just cost efficiencies, to determine UPL’s Arysta acquisition success
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth