Income tax on your gold and real estate investments
Here is a look at the taxes that apply to short-term and long-term gains from gold and real estate investments
Real estate and gold have traditionally formed a large chunk of Indian investors’ portfolios. However, over the past few years, returns from them have been poor to negative.
Apart from keeping gold or real estate for self-use, investments in these two asset classes doesn’t make much economic sense.
But if you choose to reduce exposure to gold and real estate, do pay attention to the tax rules that will apply. Here is a look at the taxes that will apply to short-term and long-term gains from these two asset classes.
Editor's Picks »
- Markets yet to warm up to KEC International’s record order book
- Indraprastha Gas and Mahanagar Gas shares are low on fuel
- Overhang of capacity constraints lifts for ACC, Ambuja Cements
- Stock market traders fall for the ‘buy rural’ narrative, once again
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position