Income tax on your gold and real estate investments
Here is a look at the taxes that apply to short-term and long-term gains from gold and real estate investments
Real estate and gold have traditionally formed a large chunk of Indian investors’ portfolios. However, over the past few years, returns from them have been poor to negative.
Apart from keeping gold or real estate for self-use, investments in these two asset classes doesn’t make much economic sense.
But if you choose to reduce exposure to gold and real estate, do pay attention to the tax rules that will apply. Here is a look at the taxes that will apply to short-term and long-term gains from these two asset classes.
Editor's Picks »
- Hindustan Zinc dividend payout offsets dull Q2 results
- Q2 results no blockbuster for Inox Leisure as margins disappoint
- NBFC scare shaves 8.5% of IndusInd Bank share price
- Q2 results portent a dull Diwali for paint stocks investors
- Reliance Jio seen overtaking Vodafone Idea, Airtel to become India’s largest telecom firm by 2018-end