Nikkei closes at 11-month high
- India’s GDP to reach $5 trillion by 2025: Top official at World Bank
- Petrol price hit highest level under BJP govt, diesel at record high
- Govt serious in bringing fugitive economic offenders to task: Rajnath Singh
- Sushma Swaraj arrives in China for talks with Wang Yi, SCO meet
- Make the best of technology to deal with administrative delays: Modi tells bureaucrats
Tokyo: Tokyo’s benchmark index closed at an 11-month high Friday, notching up the year’s longest winning streak as a sharp drop in the yen boosts the outlook for exporters.
The Nikkei 225 added 0.26%, or 47.81 points, to 18,381.22, its seventh consecutive gain, while the Topix index of all first-section issues ended up 0.31%, or 4.57 points, at 1,464.53.