Opening bell: Global equities fall on Italy’s political crisis; Fortis, ONGC earnings today
In other news, Fortis board reopened the bidding process and invited the Munjal-Burman combine, TPG-backed Manipal and IHH Healthcare to participate
Asian stocks track US market losses
Two-day bank strike from today
Nearly 1 million bank employees will go on a two-day nationwide strike starting Wednesday, disrupting transactions across the country, reports Mint.
Monsoon arrives in Kerala, ahead of schedule
The southwest monsoon that brings 70% of India’s rainfall hit the Kerala coast on Tuesday, three days ahead of schedule and in line with predictions by the weather office.
Fortis Healthcare reopens bidding process
The board of Fortis Healthcare Ltd reopened the bidding process for the troubled hospital chain and invited the Munjal-Burman combine, TPG-backed Manipal Health Private Enterprises Ltd, and IHH Healthcare Bhd to participate.
IndiGo hikes fares, others may follow suit
InterGlobe Aviation Ltd run IndiGo hiked fares reintroducing fuel surcharge on domestic routes, reports Business Standard. According to the report, the decision was necessitated by recent spike in fuel price and depreciation in rupee.
RCom offers to pay Ericsson Rs500 crore to settle dispute
The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal asked Reliance Communication Ltd to “settle its dispute” with respect to the non-payment of dues with Ericsson India Pvt Ltd, following an offer of Rs500 crore made by the telco as a settlement amount.
Mahindra planning record Rs15,000 crore investment
Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd is planning to invest a record Rs15,000 crore over the next three years, said managing director Pawan Goenka, reports Mint.
Apollo Hospitals, Fortis, ONGC earnings today
Berger Paints (I) Ltd, Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd, Canara Bank Ltd, Fortis Healthcare Ltd, ONGC Ltd, Steel Authority of India Ltd, and Suzlon Energy Ltd are some of the companies that will release their earnings today.
- Global markets set for best weekly winning streak in six months
- Oil rises 1% on OPEC cuts, hopes for easing China-US trade tensions
- Sun Pharma shares slump 10%, Sensex volatile
- Rupee, bond prices fall on fiscal worries, higher crude prices
- Fund manager who dodged global crisis sees 20-year bull run in India
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies