Kotak Mahindra Bank to launch $867 million share sale as early as this week: IFR
- West Bengal panchayat elections: Opposition fears more violence over poll nomination
- Karnataka elections: Can Siddaramaiah win back his old bastion?
- Fuel marketers may have to continue paying higher debit card fees
- 14 Naxals killed in Gadchiroli encounter in Maharashtra
- BJP gears up for solo fight in Maharashtra polls, but alliance talks on with Shiv Sena
Mumbai: Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd plans to launch a qualified institutional placement of shares to raise about Rs5,600 crore $867 million) as early as this week, IFR reported on Wednesday, citing people close to the plans.
Kotak Mahindra’s investment banking arm, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley are leading the transaction, IFR, a Thomson Reuters publication, said.
The bank on Tuesday received shareholder approval to sell up to 62 million shares, worth about Rs5,600 crore based on that day’s closing price.
A Kotak Mahindra spokesman did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Reuters