Opening bell: Asian markets open lower; telcos, Shalby IPO in news
In other news, Hines will invest $23 million in Tata Housing Development’s premium wellness-themed project Serein at Thane in Maharashtra
US stocks end mixed; Asian markets open lower
Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali to diversify into solar power business
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali Ayurved Ltd, the consumer goods products upstart, is poised to diversify into solar power equipment manufacturing.
Telecom dept to meet Airtel, Vodafone, Idea over Jio penalty
The telecom department will soon meet officials from Bharti Airtel Ltd, Idea Cellular Ltd and Vodafone India Ltd to hear their pleas against the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (Trai) recommendation of a Rs3,050 crore cumulative penalty for allegedly denying sufficient points of interconnection (PoI) to Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd. Read more
Shalby IPO opens today, Rs150 crore raised from anchor investors
Shalby Ltd, which runs a multi-speciality hospital chain, said it has raised approximately Rs150 crore by selling shares to institutional investors as part of its anchor book allocation, a day before its initial public offering (IPO) opens.
Real estate: Hines to invest $23 million in Tata Housing project
Hines, a global real estate investment and management firm with $100 billion in assets under management, will invest $23 million in Tata Housing Development Co. Ltd’s premium wellness-themed project Serein at Thane, Maharashtra.
Biocon shares ends 15% higher on USFDA approval for Herceptin biosimilar
Shares of Biocon Ltd surged 16% as partner Mylan NV received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its biosimilar for Roche’s drug Herceptin, used in the treatment of breast and metastatic stomach cancer.
Bombay HC nod for NSEL merger, FTIL to challenge order
The Bombay high court dismissed a plea filed by 63 Moons Technologies Ltd or Financial Technologies India Ltd (FTIL) opposing the merger with its unit National Spot Exchange Ltd (NSEL), thereby giving a green signal to the merger of the two.
Editor's Picks »
- France’s Engie appoints Rothschild to find a buyer for Indian solar biz
- Going into 2019, has brand Modi lost some of its sheen?
- Sun Pharma’s cancer injection from Halol plant gets USFDA nod
- A click moment for us was raising ₹100 crore in seed round to chase our dreams: Manish Lunia
- HDFC mutual fund arm to launch its ₹2,800 crore initial share sale next week
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey
- ICICI Lombard tightens grip on profitability in a lean growth quarter
- TCNS Clothing IPO: Valuations capture the upsides adequately
- Nightmare of Indian Accounting Standard 115 comes to haunt firms in the real estate sector
- What is driving the optimism in stocks of paint companies?