Runaway train rolls for 12km in India without engine
22 train coaches carrying about 1,000 passengers detach from and speed backwards for miles in India. The railway ministry then said a “ghastly” accident had narrowly been narrowly avoided. A spokesman for the railway ministry said none of about 1,000 passengers were injured in the incident Saturday night. But seven railway employees who did not follow proper procedures have been suspended. An investigation has also been launched into how the carriages became separated during the journey said spokesman JP Mishra.
- India seeks middle ground with US and Iran as sanctions near
- Fissures in Karnataka Congress as senior leader Patil criticizes minister Shivakumar
- India-Sri Lanka talks to focus on development
- New RBI norms put mobile wallets on par with payments banks
- Karantaka bypolls: Congress, JD(S) put up a united face