Runaway train rolls for 12km in India without engine
22 train coaches carrying about 1,000 passengers detach from and speed backwards for miles in India. The railway ministry then said a “ghastly” accident had narrowly been narrowly avoided. A spokesman for the railway ministry said none of about 1,000 passengers were injured in the incident Saturday night. But seven railway employees who did not follow proper procedures have been suspended. An investigation has also been launched into how the carriages became separated during the journey said spokesman JP Mishra.
- Football World Cup kicks off a boom in TV sales
- NDA has appointed 17 SC, 315 HC judges: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Rajya Sabha deputy chairman poll to be next test for opposition unity
- With no farm loan waiver in sight, Karnataka farmers to hit the streets today
- Uddhav Thackeray calls Arvind Kejriwal, expresses solidarity with AAP