Two sides of demonetisation is evident in Western U.P.
On the eve of the first anniversary of the note ban, which took out 86% of the currency in circulation by value and triggered a nationwide cash crunch, there is still popular support in Uttar Pradesh, India’s most populous state, for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s audacious move.
- Islamabad wants ‘uninterrupted’ dialogue with India, says Pakistan foreign minister
- India’s outperformance likely to reverse foreign outflows: Morgan Stanley
- Mutual funds garner ₹7,554 crore via SIPs in July
- Greece exits bailouts after biting austerity
- The trick to get cheap broadband rates ahead of Jio GigaFiber launch