Chai Point parent in talks to raise $20 million from Paragon, others
The latest Series C funding round comes at a time when Chai Point is looking to aggressively increase its footprint in top metros across India in a bid to keep ahead of competitors. Mountain Trails Foods Pvt. Ltd, which owns Chai Point, is in advanced discussions to raise about $20 million in Series C funding from new and existing investors. Over the coming months, Chai Point will also face competition from the Tata Group, which has already launched its Tata Cha cafes, and plans to aggressively ramp up.
- FIIs have made a comeback to India, but will they stay long?
- Debt funds vs bank fixed deposits (FDs): What you need to know
- Rise in extreme weather events in India raises concerns over climate change impact
- US, China set to resume talks to resolve stand-off over trade
- NAA plans to knock on factory gates to enforce GST rate cuts