Indra Nooyi is proud of the work Pepsi has done in India
Indra Nooyi is stepping down as chief executive officer of food and beverage giant PepsiCo Inc., handing the reins to a top lieutenant in a transition that will draw attention to the dearth of prominent female CEOs in corporate America. Nooyi, 62, will leave the role in October and remain chairman until early 2019. Ramon Laguarta, 54, who has been a candidate to take over since a promotion last year to president, will be just the sixth CEO in the 53-year history of the company.
- Coal shortage in Karnataka’s thermal power plants: Kumaraswamy to Centre
- Opinion | A flawed defence procurement policy
- Asus launches 4G smartphones Zenfone Lite and Max
- Railways pitches for strategic line in Leh to be declared national project
- Q2 results: Reliance Jio reports ₹681 crore profit; RIL to buy Hathway, Den Networks