Bandhan Bank among top 50 most valuable publicly traded firms in India
On 12 April, the market capitalization of Bandhan Bank was at Rs64,000 crore, claiming 50th rank in India, according to BSE data. Founded by Chandra Shekhar Ghosh, managing director of Bandhan Bank, as the vehicle through which he made tiny working capital loans until he transferred the business to a non-banking financial company (NBFC), Bandhan-Konnagar helps underprivileged women to acquire skills to start their own businesses
- IL&FS unit chief resigns amid default crisis at group
- Tata Steel to buy Usha Martin’s steel business for up to Rs 4,700 crore
- Apple’s new smartwatch will monitor your heart only in the US, not in India or elsewhere
- Are 5 year-old smartphones still relevant today?
- OPEC and allies struggle to pump more oil as Iran supply falls