Flipkart-Walmart deal on track, but Amazon remains a contender
Flipkart’s key shareholders are keen to continue negotiations with Amazon until a deal is finalized with either of the two firms. A deal between Walmart and Flipkart is more likely because a potential alliance between Amazon and Flipkart would almost certainly attract the attention of India’s anti-trust regulator. Walmart is in advanced talks to buy more than 55% of Flipkart through a mix of primary and secondary share purchases. While the primary transaction is estimated to value Flipkart at $20-21 billion, the secondary share deal could happen at a price that is 20-25% lower.
- IPG Mediabrands’ Initiative appoints Alok Sinha as chief strategy officer
- Mumbai airport runway to remain shut for 6 hours today, 300 flights may be hit
- India, others to pay the price for US-China trade war
- Sabarimala: Supreme Court to hear review petitions on 13 November
- SC refuses blanket ban on firecrackers, allows conditional sale ahead of Diwali