India says ‘No’ to patenting seeds
The patent held by Monsanto, through its Indian arm Mahyco-Monsanto Biotech, over its Bollgard-II Bt cotton seed technology has been decreed to be unenforceable in India. The court’s order came in a case filed in 2015 by Monsanto, through MMBL, against Nuziveedu Seeds and its subsidiaries for selling Bt cotton seeds using its patented technology despite termination of a licence agreement in November 2015.
- Harvard professor made $400 million in a biotech company’s IPO
- Faulty hip implants: Johnson and Johnson moves Delhi HC against compensation plan
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position
- Bandhan Bank shares jump 7% as RBI approves branch expansion
- Why did BJP lose Assembly Elections 2018? Retail inflation has answers