India says ‘No’ to patenting seeds
The patent held by Monsanto, through its Indian arm Mahyco-Monsanto Biotech, over its Bollgard-II Bt cotton seed technology has been decreed to be unenforceable in India. The court’s order came in a case filed in 2015 by Monsanto, through MMBL, against Nuziveedu Seeds and its subsidiaries for selling Bt cotton seeds using its patented technology despite termination of a licence agreement in November 2015.
- Sebi plans to amend takeover regulations
- Uber will hold majority stake in any deal it does, says COO Barney Harford
- Sanjay Sharma resigns as head of Deutsche Bank’s i-banking unit
- The alliance conundrum ahead of 2019 Lok Sabha elections
- Tata Global Beverages aims to position brand Himalayan as a global label