Walmart, eBay fresh round of talks for deal with Flipkart
As Flipkart waits to close its $12 billion stake sale to Walmart, a fresh round of talks might happen between the US-based retail giant and global e-commerce behemoth eBay to figure out issues related to merchants. Walmart might have to negotiate with eBay if it wants to do business over the next few years. EBay has invested $500 million in Flipkart and holds a 5% stake in the company. Walmart is planning to pick up around 55% stake in Flipkart through a mix of primary and secondary stake sale, paying around $8-10 billion.
- Donald Trump slams Fed on eve of rate meeting amid ‘very strong’ dollar
- Govt to amend laws to allow banks, telecom firms to use Aadhaar
- Sebi makes investing in MFs less pricey; puts cap on total expenses
- Govt tussle with RBI could undermine long-term financial stability, says S&P
- Opinion: Goldman 1MDB charges will give bankers shivers