Karnataka: BJP’s Yeddyurappa stakes claim to form govt as Congress-JD(S) allege horsetrading
Following the Karnataka election results throwing up a fractured mandate, 16 May has proved to be a day of fast-moving political developments. Both the BJP and the Congress held meetings in the morning. BS Yeddyurappa met the state governor to stake claim after being elected leader of BJP legislature party. The Congress-JD (S) combine, which has also staked claim to form government, accused the saffron party of indulging in horsetrading. All eyes are now on governor Vajubhai Vala to see what happens next.
- Qualcomm accuses Apple of stealing its secrets to help Intel
- India modifies defence procurement norms to avoid delays
- WhatsApp says working with Reliance Jio to curb fake news menace
- Opinion | Uncertainty is the enemy of Indian business
- SMEs are aware and willing to adopt digital solutions for higher profitability: Rajiv Vaishnav