Indian IT companies reduce H-1B visa filings drastically
Infosys, Wipro and TCS have dramatically reduced their H-1B visa filings and foreign nationals are exhibiting reluctance to make the jump to a US company. This decline in number of visa applications mirrors the commentary from each of the IT firms. The San Francisco Chronicle argued that study after study has shown that foreign-born workers are good for the US economy and good for US-born workers. The paper noted that the Trump administration’s hard-line anti-immigration stance is taking its toll.
- India seeks middle ground with US and Iran as sanctions near
- Fissures in Karnataka Congress as senior leader Patil criticizes minister Shivakumar
- India-Sri Lanka talks to focus on development
- New RBI norms put mobile wallets on par with payments banks
- Karantaka bypolls: Congress, JD(S) put up a united face