Two deadly road accidents in a week
Truck crash kills 18 labourers on a highway outside of Khandala, a popular tourist destination 80 kilometres from Mumbai. The truck overturned on a winding highway. Another 15 people were taken to nearby hospitals for treatment. The deadly crash comes just a day after 30 people, including 27 children, were killed when a school bus plunged into a ravine in Himachal Pradesh. India has some of the world’s deadliest roads, claiming the lives of more than 150,000 people each year.
- WhatsApp to offer 24-hour customer support for its payments services in India
- Vodafone-Idea merger may get delayed as DoT looking to raise fresh demand of Rs4,700 crore
- PM Modi says violence can never solve any problem
- Narendra Modi inaugurates Delhi Metro’s Mundka-Bahadurgarh section
- Heads of 11-state owned banks to appear before parliamentary panel on Tuesday