Two deadly road accidents in a week
Truck crash kills 18 labourers on a highway outside of Khandala, a popular tourist destination 80 kilometres from Mumbai. The truck overturned on a winding highway. Another 15 people were taken to nearby hospitals for treatment. The deadly crash comes just a day after 30 people, including 27 children, were killed when a school bus plunged into a ravine in Himachal Pradesh. India has some of the world’s deadliest roads, claiming the lives of more than 150,000 people each year.
- AirAsia India appoints former IndiGo executive Sanjay Kumar as COO
- Opinion | Facebook needs to change
- Trump defies calls to punish Saudi crown prince for Khashoggi’s death
- Nissan wants less clout from Renault as Japan seeks to stabilise alliance
- Carlos Ghosn felt stars deserved big pay. His accusers say he took that too far